Saturday, May 19, 2007

Down So Long

So night number one wasn't too terribly bad. I stayed up way too late, watching tv and reading. I got to see a fabulous episode of Frasier - the one where Niles is finally trying to divorce Maris and she is dragging things out. Donny, the lawyer (that used to date Roz and ends up dating Daphne), finds out where exactly Maris' family fortune was made and Niles says the classic line, "She's managed to have her urinal cake and eat it too! ". Priceless!

Another quotable, from an episode of King of the Hill: Peggy's Dad says something to the effect of "Don't much know what the sky is sayin', but the soil keeps few secrets". Of course, it was late and I was feeling a bit weird, but I liked it anyway. ;)

Anyway, of course, because I went to bed shortly after midnight it was only fitting that Kiddo wake me up at quarter to one. Then the cat decided to howl at 2:30, at which time I felt it appropriate to check all the locks again. Then at 5 AM Kiddo asked for milk so we went to the couch. At 7 I left him there and went back to bed, the phone rang at 8 (it was a fax machine - such a joy to hear ringing in your ear after a long night) and Kiddo woke me again at 8:30. Hmmm, that doesn't amount to much sleep now does it?

Today we went shopping and Kiddo fell asleep in the car on the way home (stinker). I managed to get caught up on all my taped shows finally. The Gilmore Girls series finale sucked, but whatever, the season sucked too I guess. I'm still trying to figure out what the heck happened on Grey's Anatomy - but I suppose that could be a whole other discussion.

And this post just keeps getting more and more interesting...sorry.

I am hoping that by tomorrow my silly pity party will be over and I can get on with being normal (whatever that means). I talked to Hubby for 1 minute 32 seconds today. It really wasn't enough.

And why the heck do I not have a brownie mix in this house? What is wrong with me?

Oh, in much better news, Kiddo has asked to and succeeded in pooing on the potty two days in a row! Woo hoo! I think his traumatic experience at G&H's last week made him realize how much easier going on the potty is. Anyway, I see it as a positive step. Yay!

Ok, I am leaving this awful post with a wonderful song from my girl, Jewel. It is called Down So Long. Appropriate, huh? ;)

Until,
D :)

No comments: