Friday, November 28, 2008

All By Myself

Sleep Training Day 6:

Well, things went ok the first half of the night, but at around 4 I had to bring him to bed with us. He was just too fussy and I was just too tired to deal with it.

Hubby left this morning to go on a motorcycle trip for a couple of days. I can't shake the feeling that it is Monday - I guess I am used to him leaving early like this for work. I feel like I've been beaten; whatever Hubby was fighting off yesterday he passed along to me and I feel like my cold has reverted back a few days. My throat is sore again, my sinuses are inflamed - ugh, ugh, ugh!

Thankfully the boys seem to be ok though Kiddo sounds a bit more stopped up than he was. Maybe it's the front moving through the area.

I was thinking I might take the kids out to the store and to rent a movie today to kind of lessen the blow of Daddy being gone after being home all week - but then I remembered it was Black Friday. Boo! I can't stand being out on days like this. Actually, I kind of wanted to go to a couple of stores to pick up the few things we have decided to get the boys for Christmas, but since Hubby is gone I don't have anyone to watch the kids so I can go. Oh well, I can probably find better deals on line anyway, and I won't get trampled in the process.

Can you believe what horrors occurred out there today? Some poor man was trampled at a WalMart and two people were shot at a Toys-r-Us. Seriously people, it is just stuff. Things. Toys and electronics are not worth taking a life, even if you did stand in line for two days.

"When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling `I've been on line since yesterday morning,'" she said. "They kept shopping."



Unbelievable.

Is this what the world is coming to?

Until,
D :/

No comments: