Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fall to Pieces

I was going to blog today.

I was going to blog about how much baking I did last week and all the ingredients I went through - 16 pans (give or take) of cinnamon rolls uses up a lot of butter (about 5 pounds), flour (about 10 pounds) and sugar (about 5 pounds).  It was fun though and I am having so much fun handing out pans to friends and family. I love cooking for people!


I was going to blog about my parent's visit and how great it was. There was good food and presents and fun with a gingerbread house. 
 But then...
 This morning happened.
We got up to find that Kiddo had vomited some time in the night, and had slept that way for quite a while. His tummy has been "off" all day.
 Oh dear.
 And Port has a fever and possibly a tummy ache - but he can't tell me for sure what is wrong.
 And I have been feeling quite a bit queasy myself today.  My head feels like it's filled with jello.
And then...Hubby went for a bike ride and stopped on the way home to do some last minute shopping, and returned to his car to find that his bike had been stolen.  And if you recall, our car was *just* broken into a few weeks ago and his cell phone, a small radio and 2 light stands and umbrellas were stolen then.
 I am trying to piece together what is left of my holiday spirit, but I am finding it difficult to hold it all together.
 I see small, beautiful moments and lovely places in all the chaos.
 But in all I am pretty bummed and not feeling like I should.
 I need better glue.
 Or I may end up looking like this on Christmas Day.
What gets you in the holiday spirit?

Until,
D

3 comments:

Dominic said...

Maybe you don't want to hear this right now, but I was never one for being overly nice:

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

James 1:2-5

D said...

Thank you Dominic! That was just what I needed. :)

My Captivating Life said...

This is a totally cute post! I do hope that things get better really soon! I will be prying it all turns around and soon! :)