Wednesday, December 20, 2006

O' Christmas Tree

O' Memas Tweeeee!!

Ok, who's bright idea was it to think a 2 year old would have fun making cookies?!?! Wait, let me rephrase that -why on earth did I think it would be fun to have Kiddo help me make cookies? I mean, I see people all the time, posting pictures on line of their kiddos happily shaping, rolling and "baking" and people talk about it like it is some good fun, but I guess my Kiddo is just not very "craft friendly". I set everything up all neat and such and he was really into it, but he just drive me nuts because he wanted to do ALL of it. He was not happy cutting out the shapes, no matter how big a fuss I made. He wanted to roll out the dough and stick his hand in the flour bag and spread flour. His little circles around the table and the mess and his haphazard cutting technique drove me batty. Maybe I am not craft friendly. Ah well. Here's a couple of pics of him anyway...



Rollin out dough...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Cuttin out a Memas Twee...
The finished product was laughable - but they eat ok. :) I'm pretty sure I have red and green crystallized sugar embedded forever in my carpet.
Until,
D :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn! I'm afraid I am one of those people...
See, we pretty much let Reid treat his cookies dough like play doh. He just squished it around and made a mess. Cute pics though. The older ones did a little better, so try again next year!

D said...

LOL! Lane - you are one of the ones I was talking about! ;) You made it look so easy, I thought, certainly I could do it too!

Next time I'll ask you for the truth first! LOL! :D

karrie said...

I did this last week and totally cheated with premade, preshaped dough. I gave Max and old tin pieplate with sprinkles and mini chocolate chips to"decorate"(eat).

Anonymous said...

But isn't part of the fun letting them make the huge mess and "help" mama? Mama always loves, LOVES cleaning flour out of every crevice and sliding around the linoleum floor in her slippers. LOL

We're actually onto round 2 of sugar cookies today. Then I'm being daring and letting her frost/paint/glaze them tomorrow. Now that she's given up naps, I need something to keep her occupied in the afternoon other than Noggin.