Monday, July 06, 2009

Sleep All Day

My little baby; sweet, sweet baby! He is a bright shining light in my world! But if he doesn't put the kibosh on waking up at 4am, I am going to loose it!
Two mornings in a row now he has risen at 4:15 and not gone back to sleep. He is cutting his eye-teeth and I think they are seriously bothering him. He has not been happy at all for the past 3 or 4 days. The only time we have gotten a decent amount of time out of him where he was relatively fuss free was last night when we were over at Kim's house for dinner. He was happy pretty much the entire time we were there.

Today I took him in for his 15 month well check (seriously, is a 15 month check necessary?? We were just there 3 months ago and we have to go again at 18 months. *sigh* This is wrecking our budget!). I KNEW he was growing! He weighs 29.7 pounds now! And I think she said he was about 32 inches. Overall he is in the 95th% - 3 months ago he was in the 75-90th% range. Mercy. Hopefully now that he is practically running he will slim down some. He and Kiddo like to "race" in circles around the living room and kitchen area. It is pretty much their nightly ritual.

Anyway, I wanted to keep him rear facing in the car for a while longer, but I am pretty sure the rear facing limit for his seat is 30 pounds.So this 4am thing? It has to stop. I am a walking zombie. Kim is going to boot me from Musing Mommies if I can't get my head on right. My husband might disown me if I don't get some energy to clean the house soon. My friends may stop calling... if...if...Dang, it's hard to stay mad at him. Would you look at that face?!?

Until,
D :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't boot you! but yes he'd better stop that 4 am wake up call! Not sure I could/would do anything about it LOL.

Victoria said...

As a mom to chronic early risers, I feel your pain ... but until you have a 3:55 morning, I still win :)

Port, get some sleep, little guy! Don't you know that nothing hurts as bad in your sleep as it does when you're awake??

Veronica Lee said...

Awwww, he's soooo cute!!
Hi, I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.