Friday, July 30, 2010

Why Georgia

{Haha! I title all my blog posts with songs, and I couldn't think of a title. I am listening to Pandora and I thought to myself, the next song, whatever it is, will be the title. So, we have Why Georgia. Thank you John Mayer! lol}

In the past few weeks, Port has gone from a child that announced every time he "poopied" (which could be either #1 or #2 - he didn't know the difference) and wanted an immediate change to the child that refuses to let me change his diaper at all. For a while I thought it was because he was associating diaper changes with being put to bed (we always make sure he is fresh before nap or bedtime), but since we gave up naps last week, I no longer think that is the case.

Yes, you read that right - we gave up naps last week.

It has actually gone pretty well. I am not getting my daily quiet time, but I am also not having to deal with an hour + scream-a-thon and difficult bed times. Now bed time, for the most part, is a breeze (sorry Julia).  He is much more agreeable and ready to go to bed at 8:30 than he was when he was sleeping for three hours every afternoon.  It's been great.

With the exception of the times he is overly tired by about 4pm; those make the evening pretty difficult. Sometimes though, he falls asleep on his own, as evident by this pic I took the other day.
I went to the back of the house to take a shower and came out to this. He slept on the couch, eventually ending up with his legs hanging completely off, for about 3 hours.

We decided to hold off on the big boy bed switch until after our family vacation. I just didn't see things going well at all if we put him in an unrestricted bed for a week and then tossed him back in a pack and play for 4 nights while we were out of town. I still need to get some sheets and find a baby gate anyway.

But anyway, he is refusing diaper changes. I now have to bring all the supplies into whatever room he is in and hold him down on the floor to change him.

It has made for some messy situations. Blech. Hopefully the diaper stage will be over in the next few months. I thought he was on the way to potty training, but I guess I was mistaken.

Until,
D :)

No comments: