Thursday, October 21, 2010

This Little Babe

Port woke me up at 5:45 this morning. This is the second time in so many weeks that I have received such an awful wake up call. He was screaming at the top of his lungs like he was absolutely terrified.  When it happened last week I took him to the couch (at 3:30AM) and tried to sleep with him there. He would settle back into a good sleep, but every hour or so would wake himself because the was screaming in terror and scrambling backwards away from me.

I guess this is what night terrors are like?

Thankfully last night he didn't wake me until after 5.  We didn't really sleep much after that. He wiggled around and squirmed and fussed until just before it was time to get Kiddo up for school. Of course.

He has been absolutely crazy lately.  Some days he eats like a horse and some days he won't eat anything at all. Sometimes he has his fingers crammed into the back of his mouth and some times he is totally fine. I think this is just a time of huge growth in all areas, and the poor guy can't keep up.

Recently he has taken to saying things are "broken".  If he can't get something to work the way it should, it's broken. If he needs the door open and he can't do it, it's broken.  And now, if his diaper is too wet, it's broken. He has come out of the bed in the morning twice now, nekkid from the waist down. And he runs to me saying "Momma ees bwoken, ees bwoken!", referring to his diaper.

I don't mind the announcement so much, it's the taking it off that bothers me.

He's speaking a lot better now too. When he wants me to come play with him in the living room he says, "Come, Boy. Let's take a walk."  I am not sure where he got that! Conversations are becoming more in depth and real.  He talks to the animals as if they talk back to him. "You wan some food, Mimi? Ok, I get you some food. Be riiiiight back! How's dat Mimi? Ees it good? Das good, Mimi."


Mimi is the cat.

He likes to push me on things. He tried to get me on his tricycle once...
The tiny tractor worked much better.

He is into everything. Drawing, singing, dancing, playing games, reading books, playing on the computer (and he can navigate the thing better than I can sometimes). He loves my phone and has created some lovely folders for my apps without asking me. How thoughtful.  He copies everything his brother does. He follows Kiddo around like a shadow and drives him nuts. When we get ready for school in the morning he has to wear a back pack to the car just like his brother. I have to make sure we have it in the car at pick up so he can wear it back in the house, just like his brother.
He lines up his toys at the end of the driveway.
When I am in the shower he likes to line up the hair clips on the sink and get into my makeup (that is when he's not screaming at me to get out). This morning he actually managed to get the mascara on his eyelashes, among other things.

I was only slightly jealous of their length and fullness.

The big scab on his forehead is from an injury from falling in the yard last Saturday. This afternoon he drove his tricycle off the back deck and scraped up his nose to match.

I don't know how I am ever going to keep up with him.

Until,
D :)

No comments: