Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Apologies

I am getting into the rush of things now and the big clock that sits in the front of my head counting down to the end of the year is ticking quite loudly. My brain, most of the time, is now filled with not only the jukebox selection of the day (Apologies by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, in case you were wondering; video at the end of this post if you care to listen) but a running list of all the things I need to do, purchase, create and avoid for the next 2 months. Because, quite frankly, October is over and in my world I am officially in the "holiday season".

May as well pull out the Christmas music. Mwahahaha!

Anyway, I realized this morning that November starts next week which means that my yearly NaBloPoMo quest begins.  So, you have something to look forward to - a post every day for the month of November! Woot!

Sorry.

Hopefully I can keep things interesting, but as you know, if you've been following my blog for more than a year, NaBloPoMo often forces me to talk about the daily mundane things just to get a post out. But I will try to do better this year.

I always try to do better. It doesn't always work.

So I've been meaning to blog about my cloth diaper experience in the past couple of months.  I have always been a big advocate of cloth diapering. I cloth diapered Kiddo until he potty trained. I loved using cloth, Kiddo was much more comfortable in them and we rarely had issues with diaper rash or anything else.  So with Port, I cloth diaper too.  I am able to use the same diapers I used on Kiddo (saving me TONS of money) and it works out pretty well.  Port is susceptible to diaper rash and for some reason the cloth doesn't help that (it actually has almost an opposite effect) so I have to change him the instant he gets wet or he will break out.  But now, he is so stubborn about being changed that it is really becoming a pain to get him to cooperate for a diaper change 4-6 times a day.  Teething brings out those wonderful, frequent, messy poops too and the cloth diapers...well they just aren't cutting it anymore.

Because he hates being changed so bad, he fights me and runs away and denies he needs one for as long as he possibly can. It has come to the point that, unless he was poopy, he is only getting changed about twice a day. And anyone that cloth diapers knows that you pretty much have to wash every 2, 3 days tops or the diapers get real ugly real quick.  But when we are only using 2-3 diapers a day (we've always used sposies at night), it doesn't make sense to wash every 2-3 days because there's not even enough to make a small load. But then I let the diapers go a little too long a couple of times and getting all that clean and sanitary again was disgusting and a headache to say the least.

Sooooooo, about 2 months ago I quit cloth diapering.

I feel pretty bad about it, but it is just easier at this point.

And I am kind of debating whether or not to go ahead and try to sell the diapers I have. They are still in great condition (especially the smaller ones), but I know that diapers have really come a long way since 6 years ago when I bought them.  But, on the very, very slim chance we have another baby some day, I don't really want to have to buy another set. Slim, slim, slim...

So - anyone out there interested in a barely used set of Medium sized Fuzzi Bunz or a slightly more loved and used set of Large Fuzzi Bunz? I wonder if I can even get anything for them at this point.  I also have a few other kinds of cloth diapers that are in even better condition because I used them even less. And a couple have never been used.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In other news, I met up with my friend Jen and we took the boys to the pumpkin patch on Monday. I had to get those yearly pics in before all the pumpkins were gone. Of course, we chose by far the windiest day of the year to go. Thank goodness I don't have long haired little boys!

This first shot is a crop from one where Port is standing in front of Kiddo. I just stop and stare when I see this image. Kiddo looks so grown up! ugh!
 Is it really too much to ask for SOMEONE to look at me?? Really?? Hello?!? Look at Mommy!!!!

Look at Mommy, boys!
Seriously, look at me! Look at the camera! Look over here!! Boys!! Kiddo! Port! Look at Mommy! Where's Mommy?!? Hey!!!
I give up. 

Until,
D :)

No comments: