Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Headaches, Snot and Sore Throats

Well, you guessed it. Kiddo and I are sick - yuck. It started on Monday night with a little sore throat for me. Kiddo seemed fine. By the time we got to bed I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital; my neck was stiff and my throat was so sore I could hardly swallow. But, being the big chicken I am I toughed it out and tried to sleep. Kiddo woke me up a couple of hours later crying his little head off and he wouldn't drink even his beloved milk. I knew his throat must have felt like mine. So we tossed and turned in a fever sweat couch all night and kept each other company. Sometime in the wee hours I left him on the couch to return to my bed, and he woke me up at his usual time of 7 am. He felt FINE - I felt like I had been hit by a truck!

I got a bit better throughout the day, but about mid morning Kiddo's nose took to flowing like a river and he has been stopped up and running ever since. It's day 2 and I still feel like crap - sore throat, low grade fever, headache, etc, but Kiddo seems fine except for the nose. I guess that's what we get for sitting in the church nursery on Sunday.

Kiddo is napping today - something he apparently gave up on his 2nd birthday, so I am getting a much needed break. We haven't left the house for 2 days and I am about to go stir crazy. I can't wait till he gets up just so we can walk to the mailbox!

Yesterday morning, while I was crying an "I feel pitiful and want to call my mommy" cry into my coffee, Kiddo had wondered out into our back yard. This is part of our morning routine; I drink coffee and welcome the day with a good hour or so of internet surfing, and he gets chewed by mosquitoes in the back yard for a while. I sit near the back door so I can hear if anything is amiss and sure enough, after about 10 minutes I start to hear so weird grunting coming from the back yard...
This is what I saw! That is my 2 year old, NON-CLIMBING child on top of a, oh I'd say, about 4 foot high platform on his swingset. This boy never climbs anything without our assistance - I have no idea how he even got up there!

He was so proud of him self - he kept saying "big boy, big boy!" (which is what I tell him when he does it with my help).

What a stinker!

Later that day he was being too cute. I guess when you are sick different things are entertaining. He found his little Leapfrog Letter thingy on the refrigerator and started putting letters in. It sings a little annoying ditty and pronounces the letter - you know the one. The boy got stuck on "P" for almost an hour - pushing the button over and over again and laughing hysterically every time it said "P says PUH". Hubby was really entertaining to him as well (highly unusual) and they had great fun together while I tried to keep my head from exploding while making dinner.

I think tonight we'll pick up a bucket of chicken. I still feel like poo.


D :)

1 comment:

karrie said...

Just stopping by to say hello. Sorry you're battling the crud.

There was an error in this gadget

Bloggy Bling!

Important Stuff

Business 2 Blogger

Swidget 1.0

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP