Thursday, September 21, 2006

Is a Ripe Avocado Too Much to Ask For?

Yah, ok. So I thought I was pretty avocado savvy. I mean, I eat the dang things just about every day, and granted, we went through a couple of rocky periods where I just couldn't pick a good one, but come on! This is ridiculous! I mashed on the outside, I squeezed gently all around to see if you were ripe - why, why would you betray me so heinously? I get all excited to cut into such a delectable object only to find that only PARTS of you are ripe. PARTS? Seriously? How does that happen?!?!

On with the show. Yes, I know I promised pics from our trip and I assure whoever might happen upon this blog and read - they are coming. I am having a difficult time of it right now accomplishing ANYTHING; I think I might be borderline depressed or something. I sit and stare for hours at nothing. I go to the bathroom to get dressed and ready to go somewhere and I spend 30 minutes looking at myself in the mirror, asking myself what the heck it is I am supposed to be doing! I feel like a total space cadet lately. Granted, 2 1/2 years without a decent night's sleep can do things like this to a person, but up until now I thought I had been doing alright. I mean, I do partake in caffeine in many forms. My brain should be functioning at some capacity that could at least enable me to remember to brush my teeth.

Well, the good news is I am not carrying multiples! ;) The bad news is I am kind of disappointed. It seems to get harder and harder every month - that sigh of relief that I am not pg and the wave of anger and sadness for the same offense. Why do our hormones do such nasty things to our brains? It's not like we are trying to have another child. On the contrary, we are trying to avoid it right now. So why does part of me hope we get surprised?

I am rambling. I am also putting off going out and doing the things I had planned today. And what I have planned is fun, so what is wrong with me?

Pictures later, I promise...

No comments: