Monday, October 22, 2007

Stormy Monday

So where have you been? It's been almost a week already!

Yeah, I know. I was doing so well there for a while and then it seems I fell off the planet. So, here I am back again. Not much to say today. It is c-c-c-c-cold outside! We went from mid 80's yesterday to a frigid 49 this morning. The wind is howling, the trees are swaying and the dog won't go outside to pee. It must be cold!


The past week has been pretty uneventful in our neck of the wood. Kiddo is mastering the art of whining, and finally has figured out how to open the refrigerator. I knew the day would come, but I was secretly hoping he would never have the gumption to really make the effort. He's kind of like that - not overly curious or prone to getting into things. We have been lucky in that respect. However, now that he has access to the fridge any time he sees fit - my cheese stockpile has diminished and I am having to hide things on upper shelves. ugh.

Saturday was a fun day. I got to hang out with some great mommies and have coffee, and then the local photography group I am in did a fun walking shoot in a nearby downtown area. I was scoping out the location for an upcoming shoot and I think the area has some potential. We ended up at a car show which was a fun extension to the shoot. I got a couple of post worthy shots I think...

This railroad sign was very dull and worn. For the group shoot, we had certain words that we could assign images to. I used the railroad sign image to represent the word "muted" and in post processing exaggerated the color saturation to create a kind of mixed symbolism. Does that make sense? Ahh - don't listen to me, I haven't had enough coffee yet.

This shot was representative of the word "perspective". I am always the one on shoots to get down on the ground and lay as low as possible. Hopefully the other girls were looking out for cars so I didn't get hit.


And this was my image choice for "temperature". It is a most fantastic paint job on a beautiful classic Corvette; one of the participants in the car show. I just loved the detail and the colors in the flames.

While we were out, I did something to my left thigh though - and man, oh man it is giving me fits now. Normally when I shoot I do a lot of squatting, so my legs should be used to it. However, I haven't done much since getting pregnant, and between that and the 5 lb bag of camera gear I had slung on my shoulder, I think I did something weird to compensate for the unusual weight distribution. Whatever it was - don't let me do it again, ok? I have had the hardest time walking the past couple of days. My knee is hyper-extending now because my thigh muscle is too weak to stop it, and I hobble around like someone with a new prosthetic.

I am still growing; starting to look more pregnant now rather than just plump (if you want to see a recent picture, go over and see my good friend Mollie. I am the gorgeous hotty (har har!) in the first before and after pics.) Well, I guess that is really only true when I am wearing maternity clothes. Because of the cold weather I dug out a pair of jeans today (size 10) and put them on with a loose shirt. I look fat again. The little belly that is so cute in tight tees and elastic waist pants gets cut in half and mangled in a pair of regular low rise jeans. And the baby doesn't like it one bit. It's been kicking the waist band all day.



One of my best girly friends from college is scheduled to have an induction tomorrow, so the Kiddo and I will be headed off to Grammy and Happy's house for a few days so I can visit with her. He has been asking to see them anyway, so I guess the timing is good. I can't wait to see the new baby - my friend is keeping the gender a secret. This is her 4th and she already has 2 boys and a girl, so they wanted to be surprised this time around. I think the baby might be a boy though, mainly because my friend always refers to it as "he". Either she knows or her instinct is trying to tell us something!



So today I am doing laundry galore and trying to make sure I have everything I need.


Sound like fun? I thought so.


Until,

D :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh, but tuesday's just as bad.... Great Song!

Rachelle said...

Wow, LOVE your photos! Great blog.