Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Road I'm On

If you only knew how many started and unfinished blog posts I have going now... ugh. Things are just too crazy - I can't even think straight.

Last week I made an impromptu trip to Houston in the hopes of photographing the birth of my friend's baby. Unfortunately, labor didn't happen, she got bumped from the induction schedule and also changed her mind about being induced. I am proud of her for the last one - I know how "done" she felt at that moment, a mere 40 weeks even. At that point your life is just on hold; you can't plan anything, you can't really go anywhere too far from home or the hospital, and you can't make any immediate plans. It sucks - and this sweet momma had been living it for a few weeks already. So I found myself in Houston, with nothing to do but hurry up and wait, and was so very excited to find that 3 of my oldest friends were getting together for coffee and girl talk on Friday morning. Suddenly, my trip "home" was a blessing in disguise, and I immensely enjoyed getting to spend some quality time with my girls.

However, the few days away has made me sooooo far behind on my work. I am swamped and behind with editing and feel terrible about it. So I am cramming in as much as I can throughout the day, but I may have to pull a late night here pretty soon.

The good news is that this weekend I am getting a very small break - a little getaway of my own. I am going to Dallas for a day and a half to hang out with Rachel Anne Ridge from Home Sanctuary and work on her book project, Company Girl. I am so very excited!! Not only will I get to soak up some good girl time, I will get to work on a very exciting project. AND - I will get a day and a half of kid free time. I know it sounds silly, but I haven't had any big chunk of time away from the kids since Port was born, with the exception of my anniversary. But I haven't had any time on my own doing something fun with a girlfriend. And with Hubby taking motorcycle trips galore with his buddies, I think I am due my share.

Anyway, hopefully I can connect with a few friends while there, and there is also the possibility of a photo shoot! I am very excited!

In other news, Kiddo's birthday is coming up fast. Once again I am torn with what to do. It is so very hot here - too hot for an outside birthday party and we just can't afford to do a party at any of the play places or indoor facilities. So, the event will be at our house, and because our home is so small it will just be family. In the past I have tried to have a separate get together for him and his little friends, but unfortunately this year many of them will be in school already by the time his birthday rolls around. So I think this year I am going to let him invite just 2 of his friends to the party and pray that my air conditioner doesn't give out while all the people in my house.

So I guess that is the low down. I am sorry I've been so silent on here. I hope to get back to a more regular schedule soon.

Until,
D :)

No comments: