Monday, November 01, 2010

Today Is the Day

Happy first day of NaBloPoMo!!

It is the first of November and also the first day of National Blog Posting Month. For those participating, the challenge is to write a blog post every day for the month of November. It is a great way to find writing inspiration, gain followers, get more comfortable with your own blog and to drive yourself crazy when the holidays roll around and you can't think of anything to write because you are so busy doing other things..

Ahem

Seriously though, I do love NaBloPoMo - I participate every year. It does drive me a little nutty sometimes, but it also makes me fall in love with blogging all over again each year.

Another thing I love about it is discovering new blogs. If you are participating this year, send me a friend request through NaBloPoMo. My screen name is Photomomma. I am hoping to highlight several new (to me) and tasty blogs throughout the month of November.

In other news, I was just starting to feel sort of normal after 2 months of sinus infection and yesterday the mold count jumped up and I was miserable again. I sneezed all day yesterday and this morning I woke up with that awful raw throat and itchy face that plagues me when my allergies are bad. I am off now to pour a ton of vitamins and remedies down my throat and pray I don't get sick again. I am too busy and have way too much going on this week to deal with this.

I had two awesome photo sessions this weekend; one all afternoon, multiple location, senior session and a family session. The senior was awesome - she is a beautiful girl so it was so easy to photograph her. The family session was a little more challenging (as they usually are when you are dealing with more than one small child) but it was still fun. 

It turns out Sunday was a bit of a blunder day for both Hubby and I (at least in the morning anyway). I had my session so Hubby took the boys to church. First, he couldn't get out the door in time. Then, he not only mixed up the boys' security tags, but he dropped Port off in the wrong room. Port had to play with kids about a year younger than him during his Sunday school time. And in my corner, I was shooting a session with a wonderful family at a small yet beautiful park with

about 20 other photographers and their clients. :-/

It was pretty interesting to say the least. We all had to shoot around each other and watch the other groups to know when to move and claim your next spot. During the session, 3 out of my 4 camera batteries died.  That was fun. And, at some point, I managed to kneel down in a pile of animal poo. I didn't even notice it until my client started fishing for a wipey for me. Embarrassing!  But, it's all part of the job I guess.

I did briefly make small talk with a local photographer I blog stalk - that was kind of cool. :-) She seemed really nice.

Halloween pics to come. I haven't had a chance to pull them off the camera yet. I didn't get any good shots of the boys, of course. Because I am like, a really awesome photographer and all.

Ugh. lol!

Until,
D :)

No comments: