Sunday, July 22, 2007

Come Together

Hello Friends.

Man, you guys are barely hanging on. My statcounter is going down, down, down. I am sorry about that. We will soon be back to normal, I hope.

Hubby's Graddad passed away last Tuesday. We left Wednesday afternoon to make the 7 hour trip to the family. The funeral was on Thursday and we stayed through Friday to visit with family. On the return trip we stayed at the inlaws' house for a night before returning home.


So we got home yesterday. I am so glad to be out of the car. I think my backside is completely gone now! All in all, it was a good trip; sad in reason, but joyful in seeing family and spending time together. Most everyone was in good spirits. Kiddo did amazingly well in the car - he has never been a long trip kind of guy, but he did much better then normal this week. I was very, very thankful for that.

(I'm sure it will take me a few days to deprogram him from all the attention and grandparent lovin' (*cough*spoilin'*cough*) he got the past week!)


I was without internet access for almost 3 days! I thought my insides would shrivel - but it appears you all got along just fine without me! ;)

I was going through all my camera cards and found some pics to share. These are all snapshots - I don't think I've even pulled out my "good" camera since my last photo shoot.


Anyway, here is my Cool Breeze with his John Lennon glasses:


I bought these for him before his first birthday and he wouldn't wear them. Now, since he has an obsession with glasses, it is pretty easy to catch cheesy shots like this.



While we were visiting the fam last week, Hubby mistakenly fed our son a bit of candy bar that had peanuts in it. Kiddo has a mild peanut allergy (and because of this I was trying to wait until his 3rd or 4th birthday, and after I acquire an epi pen, to try peanut products again), and thankfully didn't like the candy bar (he has a thing with textures). He spit it out. After a thorough tongue scraping and teeth picking, I gave Kiddo a dose of benadryll. About 30 minutes later we were at a restaurant having an early dinner when...
He fell completely, totally, instantly asleep sitting up in the high chair. After leaning on me for a minute, we passed him over to Grammy. I think she enjoyed the cuddle time! When we got back to Grammaw's house, we put him on one of her guest beds.
This is how we laid him down and exactly how he stayed for the next 2 hours. He never budged until he woke up. Poor guy!


G&H got themselves a new toy last week. Kiddo really enjoyed checking it out for them. They may never get things set back the way they were. How does the boy know to push the pedals??!?
Yup, he's gonna look really good in this on his 16th birthday!
And last but certainly not least; at the funeral, Hubby and the other grandsons(and inlaws) were pallbearers. All of the pallbearers got flowers for their lapels and Kiddo decided he needed one too. I didn't see this myself, but he apparently pulled a flower out of one of the arrangements (OMG, can I shrink into the corner now?) and was trying to stick it in his shirt. One of the cousins stepped in and clipped the flower and put it in his button hole so he wouldn't feel left out.
He was very proud of his flower. I was mortified. I just have to keep repeating to myself; He's only three, He's only three... It's not helping. ;)

So, I know this is not the best post, but I may need a bit to get back in the swing of things.

I can tell you though, while we were traveling, one night I had a very strange dream. I don't normally dream about people that are not IRL friends, but this dream had Oh the Joys and Alimum in the cast of characters. My real life friend Carrie and I were riding a trolley in San Fran (and no, I have never been there) and OtJ and A came up and started making fun of my friend's blouse. At first I was terribly offended and about to pounce until I realized who it was and we all had a big laugh. We (the four of us) then headed over to some fancy dinner party and had loads of fun eating and talking and laughing - it was the strangest dream.

Anyway, I thought you might get a kick out of it. I wonder what it means...

Until,
D :)




5 comments:

OhTheJoys said...

I would NEVER make fun of a woman's blouse. NEVER.

Best,
OTJ

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
karrie said...

I'm so glad you posted this. If OTJ or Alimum diss my selection of tops in Chicago, I will let you know.

(I'm very far behind in reading blogs btw--sorry!!)

D said...

Reposting for Carrie; :)
Well, I don't have the best fashion sense, that's for sure...so maybe it was justified :)
I hope you all are able to return to normalcy. I am sorry to hear about Hubby's granddad, but glad that you all made "lemonade" out of your trip :) Kiddo looks adorable!

Barb said...

The pics of kiddo are adorable!! Don't worry too much about the flower!! Everyone who remembers it will giggle!!