Monday, October 05, 2009

Yes, We Have No Bananas

(that song is one of Kiddo's favorites!)

I am getting so lax about blogging lately. I really need to set aside time to do it. Right now though, things are so busy in the photography department - I just don't have much time to do anything else. And, with the weather being as nice as it's been (pre torrential rain), I've been opting to spend more time outside in the garden or playing in the back yard with the boys. I think it just might be a good thing.

Over the weekend Port decided to say his first real word consistently. "yes!" I don't really count the whole "mama, dada" stuff because I think most of the time it's just babbling. He does on occasion say other words, but this weekend's yesses were appropriately placed, perfectly clear and Ed McMahon emphatic. Most of the time they even included the appropriate head shake.

It's super cute - and Lordy I hope it is a gateway to him speaking more. We are all about tired of the non verbal Port and the shrieking. I taught him the ASL sign for "more" a while back, just so he would stop the screaming some of the time. He signs "more" now when he wants us to read a book again or if he wants more drink or food.

So here's to hoping he starts adding new words. It's about time.

Until,
D :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

That's interesting that he said "yes" first. I heard that kids will usually learn "no" before "yes" because its easier to say. Something about yes being a tricky word. Or maybe your child is just more agreeable than mine was! ha