Monday, February 08, 2010

Gratitude

Happy Monday all!

We had a nice little weekend - drove into Houston to see the inlaws and take their oldish big screen TV off their hands. They recently decided to replace theirs and so we got the old one. It sure beats the little 20-something inch we had. However, we had a serious TV watching problem before...I can only imagine how it is going to be now.

But the kids love it and I am sure once Kiddo gets a taste of playing video games on the thing he will finally turn into the full fledged couch potato I have been grooming him to be since birth. I am so proud!

haha! Anyway...

The weather is back to rainy and dreary again, thankfully though it isn't quite as cold. I can handle almost 60 degrees and wet much better than 30s and 40s with wet. Yuck. I am seriously needing some sunshine though - the hour or so I soaked up on Saturday while Port played in the inlaw's back yard just didn't last me very long. My internal batteries need something more like a weekend on the beach in order to get a full recharge. (anyone have a beach house? my birthday is coming up!)

I have been craving the ocean for a while now. It is starting to become a nuisance.

I am hoping to be very productive this week. I just finished a book that was inspiring, motivating and frankly, frightening (but in a good way!). I would love to accomplish the things it talks about, and while I think I am for once in my life actually on the right path, the book has clarified for me that 1) there are not enough hours in the day nor enough milligrams of caffeine in my coffee, 2)my patience needs to be at maximum levels for an extended period of time if I really want to see the best results, 3) I need to start making some long term plans, 4) I have so much work to do that I can't even see straight.

But the best thing is, I think that what I really want to do with my life is starting to take shape. I have never been able to say what I want to be when I grow up. And now, well, while I still can't really define it in one particular profession, I have a better understanding of what I want. And the best part is, I think I am on the right path, doing the right things. I just need to connect the dots a little better and hopefully things will start falling into place.

How's that for being cryptic?? lol

So, today I am trying to organize my thoughts and plans, though it is proving difficult because I seem to be developing a nasty sinus infection. My addiction to afrin is growing stronger as I am struggling to breathe more and more. This has really got to stop. I need to get healthy for a while. The damp, moldy, cedar laden air isn't helping things. The beach is sounding better and better...
Gratitude Monday
Today is Monday (in case you weren't aware) and so I should be doing a wonderful, inspiring Gratitude Monday post. Today though I would like to just highlight a few people I am so very grateful for this (and every week).

1. My main girl Kim. The more I get to know her, the more amazed I am that we are not somehow blood related.
2. Julia - who, almost every single day makes me thank God she is in my life. She is by far the most thoughtful, giving, amazingly knowledgeable and connected person I know. I don't know how I got so fortunate to be a part of her life, but some day I will figure out a way to thank her for all that she's done. I just haven't thought of anything grand enough yet!
3. A fellow photographer, Sandy - who, for no reason other than just possessing a HUGE heart and a gift for expressing it has boosted my confidence and made me feel valuable in the photography community. That means more to me than I am sure she knows.
4. my Hubby - he complimented me at least twice this week on my cooking, and it was something I really needed. To get such praise from him is like being handed a most precious treasure.

I am so very, very blessed.

Until,
D :)

No comments: