Thursday, November 04, 2010

Barefoot and Crazy

A blood curdling scream woke me at 5:15 this morning. I shook my head to wake myself more quickly and listened as Port called for me over and over. It didn't sound like he was going to give up and go back to sleep, so I decided to go in and check on him.

It was a good thing I did because I walked in to find him completely undressed.  He was lying in his bed crying into a blanket. I picked him up and he was like a little popsicle. It was cold in the house, so he had to be freezing. I felt around for his diaper but couldn't find it. I found his pants; soaked. I felt the bed; soaked. Wetness. Everywhere.

*sigh*

I took him in the spare room where we keep the diapers and cleaned him up and redressed him.  There was no way I could put him back to bed so I took him to bed with me. We tossed and turned until my alarm went off at 6:45

*yawn* (no really, I actually just yawned. lol)

Once everyone was up and getting ready for school, I had the chance to look in the bed for the missing diaper. I found it, still intertwined with his pajama bottoms, completely dry. He must have disrobed before he even went to sleep. Poor little guy was probably cold and wet all night.

So today has been challenging to say the least.  Thankfully I had a date with a friend to drop him off at her house for a few hours so I could get some work done. And work I did - thank goodness! The time flew though. I think I need about a week of days like that just to get caught up.

Or I would take a few days like this if I had to... (please excuse the grainy iPhone pics)
 Of course the cat might not like it too much. ;-)
They slept like that for almost 4 hours yesterday. It was a long nap, but he really needed it.

Now, should I use duct tape or some other form of adhesive for the diaper tonight?? ;-)

Until,
D :)

2 comments:

My Captivating Life said...

aWWW...I love it! Makes me miss our cat.

Victoria said...

What a cute picture :)

Miss O did the "look ma, no pullups!" trick the other night ... but actually stayed dry all night!