Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Talking in Your Sleep

Ok, so I said I would try to write every day this week... I cannot guarantee the content will be interesting.





We had another rough night last night. Port was up every couple of hours. I am sooooo tired.



~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~



So I started this post last night as I was pumping, and promptly fell asleep at my lap top. I guess I wasn't exaggerating when I said I was tired. lol



Last night was a little more restful. Port was up at 1am - he had been laying on his tummy and somehow tucked an arm up underneath himself; I guess it eventually fell asleep and woke him up. He was not a happy camper for about 30 minutes. I finally got him back asleep and he slept until about 5:30 when he decided it would be fun to talk to himself in the crib quite loudly. I laid in bed as long as I could, hoping he would drift back off to sleep, but it wasn't happening so I brought him to bed with me.



It seems Port has discovered his voice. As we were preparing for bed last night, he spent a good 30 minutes squealing with delight over and over again while I carried him around the house. The louder he got, the more excited he got and it escalated to the point that I could barely hold on to him because he was kicking and squirming so violently. It was super cute - but mercy, quite annoying after a while!



We are on day 3 of not using the a/c. Thank goodness for the break in the weather. We are thinking about purchasing a window unit or one of those a/c towers you can move from room to room. It is not the most attractive solution, but it might be the best thing to do to get us through the rest of the warm weather this season before we replace our central unit.



One of my mom's groups met up yesterday at a park and I wanted to take Kiddo and Port so bad - but I was still dragging at 9:30 and the meet up was at 10. After pumping there was no way I could get a shower and breakfast in before they would all be ready to go home. Bummer. Kiddo loves playing with those kids so much. Thank goodness my best friend came over to our house last Friday! Her family was staying in town to avoid the hurricane (they are from Houston area) and so she brought her 2 year old over. Kiddo and Miss M played pretty well together, and Kiddo has not stopped talking about her or my friend R ever since. He wants them to come back, he wants us to go to their house, he wants M to sleep over... where did he get that idea??!?



He loves being around other kids so much.



Two Sundays ago was the Sunday school graduation for all the kids and they all changed rooms for the new year. The first Sunday of the change Kiddo was not to happy with his new room and apparently asked quite a few times if his Mommy and Daddy were coming to get him. I had to explain to him that since he turned 4 it was a new year and he had to move up to the big boy class. I likened it to "school" too much I think - so now he tells us he doesn't want to go to church, he wants to go to school instead. hee hee! I don't care what he calls it as long as he wants to go.



I don't know what I am going to do about school for him. He will technically be old enough next year to go to Kindergarten, but I can hold him back one more year if I want to. I am still debating whether or not I even want him in school, because of the whole peanut allergy thing. I am afraid I may worry myself to death every day about him coming in contact with something peanut laden. I am already worried about something like that happening and no one knowing what to do for him, or them not doing things in time to help him. Shoot, I worry about that kind of thing every Sunday when I drop him off in his Sunday school class. Thankfully his class doesn't have snacks anymore, but you never know what some kid is going to walk in with, or if someone had peanut butter for breakfast and they have it one their clothes... it doesn't take much for him to have a reaction.



Homeschooling may be our best option for a few years at least. That way, by the time he goes to a regular school he will be old enough to tell people what he needs and take a little bit better care of himself. Right now he is still confused about his allergy - sometimes he understands it's peanuts, sometimes he thinks it is all nuts and peanut butter really throws him because he doesn't understand what it is.

This parenting thing is tough. It's much more difficult than any other job I've had.

More later.
Until,
D :)

For your listening pleasure.... I love me some Crystal Gayle. For years I wanted to grow my hair out all the way to the floor!

No comments: