Friday, April 23, 2010

Bug A Boo

While I was away Wednesday night shooting a high school senior session, Hubby apparently had to deal with a blow out poopy diaper of epic proportions. It was so bad, in fact, that he had to hose down the back deck, the wee one in question, and all of the baby's clothing, including his shoes. I don't even want to know the details of the horror, so I am not asking my hubby about it at all.

When I got back from the shoot at 9:30 the kids were not yet in bed and the house was trashed. Was the trauma too much? I'll never know.

So I put the kids to bed and cleaned up what I could, but Hubby and I both forgot about the still wet, poopy clothes that were abandoned out side in the yard. (Hubby gets easily distracted, especially when something gag-inducing is involved)

We went to bed relatively late, partly due to my 6pm caffeine intake and Hubby trying to finish up a session edit before bed. I woke up wide awake, totally alert and itching like crazy at 3AM. Thanks to the caffeine, when my allergies kicked in it woke me up completely. Usually when the itching starts in the middle of the night, I wake up just enough to find the benadryl in the dark, down a couple and go right back to sleep. This time, I laid awake scratching the roof of my mouth and digging in my ears and wincing from the pain for about an hour. The benadryl kicked in eventually and I fell into an antihistamine coma for a few hours.

Thursday morning I woke up, blissfully unaware of what happened in the house between 4AM and 8 and felt pretty well rested despite the crazy dreams and rawness in my throat. When the boys got up, I noticed Kiddo was wearing a different set of pj bottoms than what he wore to bed. I asked him about it and he told me his others got wet.

Oh boy.

Thankfully, he didn't wet the bed, but he said it happened when he was in the bathroom. I was hoping he meant that he dripped a little and just changed his clothes when he was done.

I was so wrong.

He actually had a full on accident and flooded the bathroom floor. His clothes were left in a wet heap in the middle of the floor. He apparently stripped down, went back in his room and found dry clothes in the dark.

(thinking of all the things he touched along the way and the tracks he made with wet feet... *shudder*)

So I spent the better part of Thursday morning cleaning the floor and picking up wet clothes. And then I remembered the poopy blow out situation from the night before.

Where were the clothes from that?


Sitting at the base of a tree,

And, you may not want to read this...

Covered completely in snails and pill bugs (roly poly).




Yeah, picking that off of wet, still poopy clothes and expensive cloth diaper was sooooooo much fun. So much fun! You have no idea.

So by noon the day was pretty much over.

Today - today I kept my head down and my expectations low. It still wasn't the best day, but it was a little better.

Here's hoping for a better weekend.

D :)


Julia said...

You win. Your day sounds worse than mine.

Amber said...

I've got to be honest. I might have made the effort to save the expensive cloth diaper, but the rest of the buggy, poopy clothing would have gone into the trash bin. I'm a wuss like that. Kudos to you for toughing it out.

BTW- That sounds like something Martin would do. :p

Bloggy Bling!

Important Stuff

Business 2 Blogger

Swidget 1.0

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP