Friday, November 03, 2006

NaBloPoMo '06 and Photo Confidence

Yesterday was day 2 of NaBloPoMo and I forgot to blog. Boy, I am off to a good start! ;) I guess I'll have to submit 2 entries today.

Yesterday I had a photo shoot in the early afternoon. I was a little nervous about it, but no more than usual. Since I got my new camera I have had some great shoots and some not so great. Learning the nuances of this camera have been frustrating and disheartening. I had such a good photography experience with Kiddo on Monday at the farm, I thought for sure I would be successful with this shoot and for the first time with a paying client I was going to shoot in full Manual Mode! Normally I shoot in Aperture Priority, as little kids are hard to chase while one is attempting to turn camera dials. But this family consisted of mom, dad and 3 month old baby, so I figured there wouldn't be much chasing to do! So I did the shoot, they were lovely, kind people, but I felt like I was adjusting my camera the whole time. I thought for sure nothing came out. I was in tears the whole way home; and after I got home was afraid to even upload the pics for fear of what I would see.

I know, I know. I hear you. "You should have more confidence in yourself!" You are right, I should. Because the pictures turned out GREAT! I am so excited! I will never, never, never fully trust what I see on the LCD screen again!

Ahhhhh, I feel better. I don't know why I get myself so worked up over these things.
Later,
D :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You pics are awesome Dawn! All I can say you said your self have confidence in your self!