Friday, November 17, 2006

Twilight Zone?

I guess writing every other day is going to be better for me. I just can't seem to make myself do it every day. But that's ok, cause then I don't feel so pressured to make every entry interesting. Odds are something worth talking about should happen every other day or so.... I guess... hmm... well?

I was cleaning up the house this afternoon and came across an envelope I had written something on (common practice in my house - we just never seem to have a decent paper supply). It was a reminder of something I had witnessed and wanted to blog. So here goes.

I was at the bank a while back and sitting in the teller line waiting my turn to make a deposit. There are about 6 lanes at this bank, usually only about 4 of them are open at peak hours and I had been waiting along with about 8 other cars. After going through the routine of examining odd things in the car, finding all the trash and gathering it up, inspecting my nails and making a mental note to find my clippers when I got home, confirming with Kiddo the proper color of every car sitting around us - you know, things we do when we wait - I had run out of repertoire and actually started observing my surroundings. Sitting in the next lane over was a white, extended cab Ford pickup. It had a Husky metal tool box in the back and had a business name (3 words)and phone number in blue letters on the tailgate. Nothing special. Until I look over into the lane next to that. Sitting there was the exact same model and year white, extended cab Ford pickup. It had the same Husky tool box in back, and it also had the owner's business name and phone number in the same blue lettering on the back. Same font, same # of words, same size, same arrangement; everything.

Except they weren't the same company; and the phone numbers weren't even close.

Now, I know you are asking, "So? What's so funny about that?".

The names of the businesses were...

The Roof Lady
and
The Pool Man

:D

I don't know, I just found it interesting. And a bit creepy. I wish I had my camera at the time.
Later,
Dawn

No comments: