Saturday, November 18, 2006

Quiet and Stinky

Sitting here in the wee hours of the morning, by myself, just me and my coffee. I got up early because I have a photo shoot this morning and it is at a location about 30 minutes from my house. Kiddo and Hubby are still snoozing, though I have heard Hubby off and on now, so it seems as though he wants to sleep, but can't. I love these quiet mornings; no one to bother me, no demands to meet or hoops to jump through. They are so rare.

Got a chuckle this morning watching a video on Karrie's blog. Poor Momma - I certainly hope my Kiddo is not so enthusiastic about his poop! Right now I can't even get him to pay attention to it, much less get excited about it - though he has waved bye bye to it a couple of times. Ahh, the joys of pre-potty training. Awareness is such a blessed curse. Sure, you want them to be comfortable with their bodies and functions, but answering the "does Mommy tee tee in the potty?" question 400 times a day gets a bit agonizing. Also the "Kiddo, do you have a poopy diaper?" "NO!!!" routine gets old fast too. I am tired of chasing down a stinky toddler just so I can keep his bottom fresh. Occasionally he will come to me and tell me he needs a diaper, and then run to the changing table to be changed. It blows me away! But most of the time he tries to hide it and tells me he doesn't need a change when it is fragrantly obvious that he does.

Oh yes, I also wanted to say that I really enjoy everyone's comments. Please, if you stop by - say hi! I love knowing that people are reading. :) :)

Well, I didn't intend for this post to be about poop or diapers, but I guess that is what's on my mind this morning. Have a great weekend everyone!
Until,
D :)

3 comments:

karrie said...

Heh--I hear you!

He likes to offer to wipe for me when he follows me in. @@

foodiemama said...

i am jealous of your quiet time...heehee

D said...

OMG Karrie - you are kidding, right? :O

Jenifer - sadly it was only as long as it took me to write that post. Dh came in as it was publishing. But - I'll take what I can get I guess. :)