Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sweetie Pie

After hearing me tell the baby that he was "a little monster" (in a playful loving way of course), Kiddo decided that was a good term to use for someone when he was mad at them. He got in trouble on several occasions for calling Port a monster, each time resulting in a trip to time out.

Last week Kiddo got in big trouble at a park play date and lost his video game privileges for the rest of the week. On Sunday he was having serious Xbox withdrawals, and he asked me when he could play the video games again. I told him he had to wait until Monday. He was very upset by this and began to pout.

Then, his arms crossed, his eyebrows furrowed and he looked right at me and said, "well then, I am going to call you a MONSTER!!!"

*sigh*

So I sent him to his room for a time out, and he screamed the whole way there (a fun new thing in our house). He sat on his time out stool and screamed, kicked and fussed for a long time, and I left him there for quite a while after he settled down. Hubby came in and asked me if I wanted him to release Kiddo from his time out. I said yes and Hubby went in and asked Kiddo if he was going to speak nicely to me from now on.

He responded "yes sir, I will not say 'monster' anymore. Instead I will say 'sweetie pie!'"

That kid cracks me up!

Until,
D :)

No comments: