Thursday, March 18, 2010

Touch The Sky

This is Port's favorite song in the whole wide world. (not that he's been exposed to a plethora of music, but whatever) No matter what he is doing, no matter where he is in the house, when the first notes of this song play, he drops everything and runs to the tv. He stands there, totally wide eyed and mouth open, mesmerized for the entirety of the song until the part where he gives Snook a high five by touching his hand to the paw on the tv screen. At that moment he breaks out into a big grin, gives the high five, then steps back to his eyes wide, mouth open position. He LOVES that song. So much so, that it is what I sing to him every night when I put him in the crib. He gives me a high five too. ;-) I have never seen him so mesmerized by a cartoon character like he is with Snook. When the show comes on (Big Big World), he gets so excited. Strangely though, he doesn't really watch it much, just the song at the end.

But I have to say, I love singing the song to him. He calms down, he gets the funniest looks on his face, he gives me googly eyes and goofy grins. My heart melts as I watch him listen so intently. It's just one of those things that I love having with him that I know I can use if ever he is freaking out or over hysterical. He loves it sooo much, and it instantly puts him in a state of zen.

So I thought I would share it with you. It really is a pretty song.

Until,
D :)

No comments: