Friday, April 27, 2007

She Cries

Hello everyone. You all probably think I have forgotten about you. I haven't. We are just kind of busy right now. Hubby is getting ready for his upcoming motorcycle trip, Kiddo is getting over his head injuries and being a bit more "2" than normal, and I am working on some photo shoots, stressing over Hubby's trip and generally PMSing - not a good combination for me.

Today just hasn't been all that great. One good thing - I did get to have lunch with my dear friend K - which was nice. We don't get to see each other too terribly often and it was good to meet up during her busy day and gab for a bit. I have to say Kiddo was a perfect angel through lunch. He sat quietly in a booster seat and ate his food and we heard nary a peep out of him.

The rest of my afternoon, well let's just say Kiddo made up for his angelic table manners in all forms of heinous behavior. We ran a few errands and he whined and fussed and wanted everything he saw in the store. It was tolerable, but by the time we got home he was in full on fit mode. Then once the fit was over he wanted me out side with him at all times; right next to him, but not necessarily playing with him or engaging him in any way. He kept fussing for me to blow bubbles and when I did, he would sit there picking at the dirt and not paying attention. But if I stopped blowing bubbles (for the dog since she was the only one enjoying them) he would scream. I finally got tired of being bossed around so I went in the house. In retaliation, Kiddo picked my loan tomato off my little tomato plant. It was the ONLY one! Since starting my garden adventure, I have had only two growing, both about the diameter of a quarter; and I was so proud of them. Last week when I watched NKs, NKson picked one of them. He didn't know any better; he only wanted to ask me what it was so I really couldn't get mad (even though deep down I was). But when Kiddo picked the last one today I was furious.

I cried.

And cried.

Why can't I have just this one thing? Am I being selfish here? I just wanted to grow something. I wanted something all to myself that wasn't necessarily baby approved or proofed and didn't require a whole lot more than just a little loving water and fertilizer. I just wanted to bond with nature and grow something that could possibly end up on our table and nourish my family.

I know, I am hormonal.

But come on - the day was toast.

So then Hubby comes home and he's stressed because he's got so much to do for this trip and now he's taken on side work and he needed to get that done and it all just piles up on both of us. We snapped at each other all night.

Dinner was a disaster. The hamburger patties shrunk to laughable proportions. I didn't have any TOMATO for the burgers (oh the irony). The tater-tots wouldn't cook right. *sigh*

Anyway, I haven't forgotten about my sweet bloggy friends. I am just in a funk. Hopefully I'll snap out of it in a day or two.

Love to you all,
D :)

No comments: