Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Turn Around

Where are you going my little one, little one
Where are you going my baby my own
Turn around and you’re two,
Turn around and you’re four
Turn around and you’re a young [boy]
Going out of the door


Interesting Development...

So a while back I mentioned that I was thinking of putting Kiddo in a Mom's Day Out or Preschool/daycare type program in the near future. I didn't want to just stick him anywhere, and the places I am really interested in cost an arm and a leg. Ideally, I thought he might benefit from a two day a week kind of thing; he could get some good play and socialization time and I would have time to do photo shoots and spend some one on one with new baby Port.

Our church has a private Christian school affiliated with it. We have been tossing around the idea for some time now of possibly putting Kiddo in the school; if we could afford it and I decided not to home school when the times comes for him to go to Kindergarten. I have always thought I would home school for a little while at least, but we wanted a back up plan in case I changed my mind or we decided that public school was undesirable. I am still on the fence about all of that and honestly, I never in a million years thought I would send Kiddo to preschool either, but like most everything, life changes you. Kiddo thrives on interaction with other kids. He so looks forward to Sunday school each week and the few playdates I take him on, and my guilt about being anti-social and not providing him with social opportunities has really changed my thoughts about part time schools before the age of 5.

So the church school sounds great, but they only have classes for K-12.

Well, at least they did until recently.

We just received word that this year they are starting a pre-K program for kids who turn 4 by September 1st. Kiddo would make the cut-off. The program is either 5 half days or 3 half days, and the prices are really reasonable. I am very interested in the program - but of course, the hard part is figuring out how to pay for it.

But it does give me something to think about...

Until,
D :)

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Like you, I never thought I'd do preschool for my kiddo, but I, too, did a turn around and I've been generally pleased with the choice. I'm hoping we can still swing the cost when we're a two-household family!