Monday, January 01, 2007

Dawn of a New Day

Last night was fairly nice. After a long drive home from the inlaws, we opted out of a last minute invite to go to a friend's house and stayed in for the evening. We were just too beat and I didn't want to go to my dear friend's house and leave just after midnight. I didn't even know if I could stay awake that long anyway. We had an awfully unhealthy meal and played on the computer for a few hours. At 11 or so I took Kiddo into our room to try to get him to go to bed. At about 11:30 I was done so I took him to his room and laid down with him. He and I both fell asleep and I woke up at 12:02 to the sound of fireworks. Thankfully Kiddo slept through the noise, but I had missed the New Year. Oh well. At least it was quiet.


So it's the new year. 2007. It still feels like the "millennium" was so recent. We are already 7 years into this thing! Try as I might, there is just no way to avoid reflecting back on what is past and resolving to do things differently. This year, next year, it doesn't really matter - the truth is that though I always have the best intentions, I am a creature of habit and not really subject to change unless it is forced upon me.

This year I hope to do the following:
  1. Keep up on housework (or to be perfectly honest, START doing house work; and not just when someone is coming over!)

  2. Organize the house - this involves cleaning out the multitude of stuff we have that hasn't been used or seen the light of day for more than a year. We still have boxes of stuff from our move to AZ that haven't been opened since they were packed and that was over 6 years ago!

  3. Remove those unused things and sell in a garage sale (or two) then take all that is left over to the local donation location.

  4. Get back on my eating plan and back on track with getting healthy. (this is the only one I think I can actually keep)

  5. Spend more quality time with Kiddo and Hubby and less time on the computer (HAHAHA!)

  6. Save more money; spend less, blah, blah, blah ;)

  7. Be a better friend - and maybe nurture some new relationships and let go of some of the old ones that aren't working anymore

  8. Get Kiddo on a schedule and have a regular bed time for him.

Now keep in mind few of these things will actually happen, but at least I am aware something needs to be done. That is the first step, right?

One more thing. I am going to try to take a representative "self portrait" every day. I got the idea from another blogging mommy and thought it would be interesting.

So, here is today. Considering it is 1:30 in the afternoon, this is pretty representative of how my day will be...


Note the oh-so-sexy Christmas pj's and ratty robe. Ahhh, comfort! :) :) :)

ETA: Hubby saw this post and said, "so you're going to post the same picture every day?" :/

Men.

Until,

D :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I have those very same pj's. What are you talking about "not sexy"? That's just plain crazy.