Monday, February 05, 2007

A Life Uncommon

Looks like BabyCenter is having some difficulty so I am forced to do something else right now. I know, I could be cleaning or cooking or laundry or playing with Kiddo - but I don't want to clean, dinner is in the crock pot, Kiddo is out in the yard playing by himself and the laundry, well it can wait.

As with most days, but especially Mondays, I have been doing a lot of surfing on the computer today. Mondays tend to be my decompression day; I unwind from the weekend, enjoy the solitude of my cup of coffee and my computer in the morning and start my week with absolutely nothing on my plate. I was looking at some one's profile on a website today, snooping really; just checking in maybe? whatever you want to call it - and this person had one of those goofy questionnaires on the page. You know the ones, they ask 50-100 ridiculous questions about your likes and dislikes, habits and pet peeves, etc. and the very last question asked if they had any regrets. His response was "one". Hmmm, a bit curious, don't you think?

It got me thinking about regrets. We all have them I'm sure. I have them, but they are not necessarily bad things. I mean, if I knew what I was getting into at the time, I probably wouldn't have done something I regret. And if I hadn't done those things, I wouldn't be who I am today. And who I am today is pretty ok. I guess. Right? So I guess really I have no regrets.

But what about this guy? What is his "one" regret? What could have possibly been so significant in his life that it is the one thing, "The One Thing" that he regrets? Well, the possibilities are endless I guess. But what if that one regret was a person? Ooh, wouldn't that be interesting? What if that one regret was me?

I know what you're thinking, narcissistic much?

No, I don't think I am that significant, but we did cross paths in life on many occasion. And I strongly believe that everyone comes into your life for a reason. I believe God puts them in your path to mold you and make you who He wants you to be. Every person leaves their mark; no matter how small. And what if the mark I left really made a difference? Something to ponder I guess.


But not for long. I have laundry to do. ;)

Do you have any regrets? What are they - if you don't mind sharing? I look forward to your comments.

Until,

D :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I *heart* your blog HEHE. You are so stinkin right on about a lot of things. I love that pic of you and Seth.

And to answer your question, I do have a few regrets. One of them is being too hard on myself when I was younger. I should've just let go and let people know who *I* am, kwim? And I've had a few people as regrets too, haha. They had nothing to do with who I am today, just wish I wouldn't have wasted my time! ;-)

Amanda (my2babygirls0405 @ BBC)

Anonymous said...

I have regrets too, but nothing major. Little things that annoy me and for some reason I let them. Like how I should have made a different decision on some issue with the kids or how I reacted to one of them. It's hard going to bed each night and feeling like there were so many ways you could have been better, but we all do the best we can!

Misty said...

I think we all have a few regrets. My main 2 would be 1 guy(loser, timewasting) and letting myself put weight back on that I worked my A$$ off to lose in the first place. Other than that, not so much. Maybe losing my temper a few times....but I am proud of the improvements I've made there.