Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sunshine Superman

Ok, if you want to claim to be a photographer, never, ever, ever leave home with just the camera and not the bag with your EXTRA battery! Seriously, what the heck was I thinking? You know, I even checked the battery in the camera before I left and it looked ok. Now that I think about it, it was already saying the juice was low - ummm, hello? Brain? Oh brain, where are you?

Kiddo and I went to the park today. The mom's group was meeting and I haven't been to an event in forever and it was absolutely gorgeous out AND I didn't take him anywhere yesterday, and we have a touch of cabin fever, and I needed to get some pictures (and this is the longest run on sentence EVER) so we went. Kiddo had a blast! He ran, he climbed, he wanted to slide but didn't get quite that brave, but he did learn to fling himself off of the spinning deal that scares the beejeebers out of me (thank you adventurous 3 year old that thought crash landing was funny, now my kid thinks it's funny too). He dug in the dirt and laid face first in the dirt and jumped in the dirt; oh excuse me, gravel. That is by far the dirtiest gravel I've ever seen. We were both covered head to toe in dust when we left. But, I have to say that is by far one of my favorite parks. One, because it is so close to me, two, because of how big and spread out it is, and three because there are lots of different things to do and even when it is crowded you don't feel like your kid is going to get run over. (ok, that was four things)

Anyway, my goal was to get some pictures of the cutie patootie, but I only got 5 shots fired before my battery died. pppbbbbbttttt! So, so aggravating. Never again will I go anywhere with my camera and not an extra battery. The day was perfect for pictures. The sun was a little hot at times, but I totally could have worked around that. Anyway, here are 2 of the 5 I got.


AHH HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHA! What kind of face is that?!?


Ok, in my defense the thing was spinning. This was the last shot before the battery died and I was having trouble getting the camera to focus. Oh well. And, I didn't edit these at all because really, what's the point?

The other three pics have another child in them and I'm not sure how K would feel about me posting pics of her kiddo, but they are pretty cute. The two boys were having a very serious little gibberish conversation on the spinney thing; it was a beautiful moment. ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to share. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to say later.

Until,

D :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

sounds like ya'll has a great day at the park. They are doing major renovations to our park and it is closed or we would have been at the park too!

Karen said...

boy am I ever tired I guess bcz I read my goal was to get a few shots of a cutie bootie... and well I was thinking at least she got 1 before it died... going back into my cave now to sleep more

Unknown said...

Post those pics. I need to see them. :) they were so cute together.