Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Weekend

As you all know from my somewhat deranged post last Friday, I took the kids to Houston for the weekend. My best friend's little darling turned 3, and we went in the celebrate her birthday and I also did a photo shoot for her. I have been photographing this little one since her momma carried her in her belly, and it is always a joy to be able to capture her personality each year near her birthday.

After a harrowing day on Friday getting my own kids packed, fed, on the road, to the house, and settled in, we really didn't sleep well that night. Port was up several times, and ended up in bed with me most of the night. Kiddo, excited from being around his Happy and Grammy, had trouble getting to sleep too - but once there was ok. Port and Kiddo woke up around the same time in the 7 o'clock hour; Kiddo creeping into my room, and sadly lamented that Happy and Grammy were still sleeping (lucky ducks!). We camped out in the bedroom for as long as we could, then made our way into the living room to play quietly. Thankfully the inlaws woke shortly after and Kiddo was relieved. That kid loves him some Happy and Grammy!

I took off that afternoon to do the session, which went fairly well despite the fact that we were all severely under dressed for the shockingly cold temperatures. Though the forecast called for close to 60 degrees, the actual temperature was probably in the low forties. Add to that the biting wind and we were most likely traipsing around a park in freezing weather. We were all so cold - I was complaining, sweet M's dad looked like a popsicle, and I know my friend R was freezing too. We stuck it out as long as we could (maybe 45 minutes) and ran to the warmth of the car and the nearest Starbucks. Ahh, how I love Starbucks!

Back at R's house, we played and waited for R's parents to come over so that my Backyard Mom (R's mom) could do my hair. I have to say that I am so happy with the new 'do - I can't wait to show you pictures. {more on that later}

Port and Kiddo did so well with their G&H all evening, and both kids were asleep when I returned to the inlaw's house that night. My allergies were out in full force, and I could barely breathe by the time I got there. With no other options readily available, I took 2 kid doses (half an adult dose) of some Children's Benadryll that Grammy kept on hand and promptly passed out 30 minutes later. When I fell asleep, Port's bottle was beside me on the table. When I woke up 8 hours later, it was in the pack-n-play with him! I don't remember getting up at all, AND Port slept through the night!

{My theory is - he was able to sleep through the night because he thought I wasn't there. We so need to get him out of our room!}

Sunday could not have been more perfect. After a wonderful night's sleep, Port went down for an early morning nap, the woke just in time to meet G&H and Kiddo for lunch down the street. He took a second nap on our way across town and woke just as we arrived for the party. Port was great all through the party! He only cried a couple of times when R's mom took him from me so I could snap some pictures. He was great afterwards when we went to R's house for a little while, and he slept in the car again on the way back across town to G&H's house. He even went to bed for the night at a somewhat reasonable time. He did end up in the bed with me at about 4 am, but it wasn't bad at all.

The party was a blast. My friend had it at one of those bouncy house type places. It was the second one Kiddo has attended like that, and he did great. Surprisingly, even though the noise level in those rooms is beyond obnoxious, it didn't even phase him. I guess because he has room to run and move about he is ok. He did put up a bit of a protest when it came time for the group picture, and after sitting for a mere, oh 10 seconds or so, he tried to climb backwards up one of the slides. So, all the group shots have the smiling faces of party goers and my kid's backside. Joy.

And, I guess you are wondering why I don't have any pictures in this post. Well, I of course took tons over the weekend, but unfortunately I cannot do anything with them right now. The reason Hubby didn't come with us was because he was staying behind to work on the floors - we still haven't laid the wood in the hall or the kitchen. He also needed to level the floor he has already laid by pulling up the wood and putting down concrete leveler before laying the wood back down again. He hit some unexpected snags and didn't get near as much done as he thought he would, and so my "office" is slightly displaced right now. As I type this, I am in my bedroom (while Port is napping) on my laptop which is propped up on a pillow in the bassinet by my bed.

Even if everything was sort of normal, I still wouldn't be able to process any photos because I took them all with our new camera and my laptop can't handle the much larger images. For this reason, we had to purchase a new desktop computer last week and it still sits in it's box amidst a pile of dining room things stacked up in my now unusable living room. *sigh*

So, hopefully I will be able to get things set up this week, process some photos and share with you.


I hope.

I really hope.

D ;)

1 comment:

Barb said...

Yes we need pictures. Can't wait to see the new do!

Bloggy Bling!

Important Stuff

Business 2 Blogger

Swidget 1.0

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP