Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It Was Almost Like a Song

My mother reminded me the other day that my sweet, little, teeny, tiny baby child will be celebrating his 1st birthday in a little over a month.

A MONTH!

WAHHHHH!!!!!

I am not ready. He is still my baby. He is still connected to my womb by an invisible cord and I am not ready to cut it. I can't believe he is already so close to a year old. I don't even want to think about planning a birthday party yet. I am just. not. ready.

He said his first word the other day. It was "Daddy".

.
.
.
.
.
Wahhhhhhh!!! ;)

Cutest. thing. ever! We were laying in bed, winding down for the evening and Port was not in the mood to go to sleep. He was rubbing around on Hubby, sort of baby wrestling; being silly - and he laid his head down on Hubby and looked at him with this sweet, sweet baby face and said "ma-ma-ma-ma". He says mama all the time, just like ba-ba and na-na and dah-dah. Hubby said, "no, I'm Daddy" and my sweet little Port looked at him and said "Dah-dy".

{melt!}

He's said it a few times since. Oh my it is cute.

*sigh*

I haven't talked about Kiddo in a while. He has been pretty funny lately. About a week or so ago, I was out making some print deliveries and I called one of my clients to see if she was at home. I needed to drop off a print to her. She wasn't home, and when I got off the phone with her, Kiddo started asking me questions.

Kiddo: "Mommy, who was dat on the phone?"
Me: "That was Miss Vick"
Kiddo: "What did Miss Vick say?"
Me: "Well, she said she wasn't home, so we can't bring her picture to her today?"
Kiddo: "Why isn't she home?"
Me: "I don't know."
Kiddo: "So, we're not going to Miss Vick's house?"
Me: "No, not today."
Kiddo: "Why not?!?" [his favorite question, by the way]
Me: "Because she's not home"
Kiddo: "well where is she?"
Me: "I don't know baby, I didn't ask."
Kiddo: "Mommy is Miss Vick lost?"
Me: "No, I don't think so."
Kiddo: "Why not?"
Me: "Because I'm pretty sure she knows her way around. I don't think she is lost today."
Kiddo: "Miss Vick is on the potty."

~ I almost drove off the road. lol!~

There were a couple other recent conversations that had Hubby and I in stitches; I can't remember them now. Darn it, I should have written it down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks to my Facebook addiction, I have been tripping down memory lane for the past few weeks. The other night I found myself remembering some old songs, and that led me to an all night music fest on YouTube. Here are some of my faves that I found. At the risk of exposing my uncool self, I give you Country Music from the 70's and 80's. Enjoy.

What got me started; thanks to the Jukebox in my head...
Charlie Pride, "15 Years Ago" [no embedding available. boo] (though to be fair, the version in my mental jukebox is the one Conway Twitty did)

Conway Twitty, "Don't Take it Away"



"I May Never Get to Heaven", also Mr. Twitty.


So, did you know that Conway Twitty got his stage name from 2 towns on a map? Conway, Arkansas and Twitty, Texas. yup. AND - his early recordings were often mistaken for Elvis. {I was trying to find a YouTube recording of his "Danny (Lonely Blue Boy)", but sadly there is none - for years I thought that was Elvis} He also has a son, Michael Twitty, who sounds a lot like him, but personally I don't think he has the same incredible talent.

Anyway, then I turned to Ronnie Milsap, "Smoky Mountain Rain"


and, "It Was Almost Like a Song"


But, then, I just had to end the evening with my girl, Jewel and her song, "Good Day"


Ah, comfort!
Until,
D :)

2 comments:

Julia said...

Time goes by fast doesn't it? I have started the bday planning already, one for Dallas, one for Florida, and a playdate one for here. I'm feeling that sadness as well. My last baby soon won't be a baby.

Victoria said...

Oddly enought, I was *not* on the potty - I was at Ikea. I swear.

I cannot believe Port is almost a year old. There's just no way ...