Monday, February 02, 2009

Happy Little Love Song

I'm still here. Barely. Actually today I feel a little bit better. Yesterday was Hubby's birthday {Happy Birthday Hubby!!!}, so we had a big birthday lunch after church at his favorite restaurant (NxNW if anyone local cares. lol). We did cake a bit later in lieu of dinner and got the kids to bed early. {yippee!!} [yes, our house is in such disarray that we had to do cake outside on the deck. It's the only place we have a table! Like my table cloth?? It's actually a bed sheet - don't tell anyone, ok?]
Both boys went down around 8:30. Thankfully, [I guess] Port hadn't really napped so he crashed hard. We have been trying to get him to bed earlier in the hopes that he would sleep better - we shall see if it works.

Anyway, like I said, Port went down around 8:30. He stirred a bit here and there, but it was never enough to wake him completely and he ended up sleeping until almost 4am before he got me up! I got about 4 glorious hours of continuous sleep!!! woo hoo!! That is the only stretch of sleep I've had in over a week that was longer than 30 minutes.

I feel like a new woman!

Well, not really. I am still tired; but much less than before.

I am pretty much convinced that it is teething. Or maybe a growth spurt - he has been eating a lot more lately. Or it could be that he is about to hit a milestone like walking.

Yeah, I have no clue what the problem is.

But whatever it is it gave Hubby a birthday present and let me sleep for a little bit last night. I am not holding my breath for tonight.

Today Port was chewing on his finger a lot and using his tongue to feel his teeth. He also started grinding them.

The boy has 3 1/2 teeth and he already grinds them. *eye roll*

When he chews on his finger though, he sticks it way back in the back of his mouth. It's weird. It's almost like he's getting molars or something.

Today he also drank a TON of water. It was so weird. He didn't want formula, just water and table food. Something is up with him.

I'm trying not to worry too much.

Until,
D :)

1 comment:

Barb said...

First off - Happy Belated Birthday to C!!

Second - W was having a ton of issues with naps about 1-2 weeks ago. I had to dose him with Tyenol every time...eventually he chilled.

Hope that Port settles back down soon, :O)