Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Foolish Games

I want to change my hair color.

I get like this every so often, when things get boring or I don't feel so great about myself or it's a day of the week ending in "y". You know, on rare occasions. I have been blond all of my life, in various shades no less, but never anything drastically different. There were a couple of instances where I had my stylist go really dark with the low lights and really light with the highlights; which, though I loved it, many people thought I looked a bit like a zebra.

But the desire to change my hair color to a dramatically different shade most strongly comes just before the summer. Every year I start thinking, daydreaming of rich chocolates and deep auburns, when logically I should be wanting to go lighter - you know, for that sun-kissed look. But the call of the maroon red or the jet black gets pretty loud in March-April, and I find myself more often than not dreamily perusing the rows of box colors at the local big box store.

I wanna, I wanna, I wannaaaaa! But I know if I do I will probably like it only for a short while and then really jones for my blond back. Then, to go back would be a major undertaking; most likely leaving me with some sort of carrot colored straw on my head for months until my locks recover.

So yesterday I pulled out my favorite Halloween accessory (except for my false eyelashes) and played around a bit. Kiddo freaked out, especially when I put the luxurious red locks on his head! (don't tell Hubby! - darn it though I couldn't get a picture of him before he ripped them off)




The wig is a bit deceiving though, because not only is my own hair so not that thick, I don't have bangs either. So I'm not sure if I really like the wig for the color, or the style. hmmmm... I do think that if I change to something that dark, I will have to cut some bangs so that it doesn't just lay limp on my head.




Hee hee! It's fun to play! Man, I look tired though - gotta do something about that luggage under my eyes.
So, what do you think? Should I trade my blond hairs for something more fun? Or am I really just having some sort of mid life crisis? I look forward to your opinion.
Until,
D :)

9 comments:

Jessica said...

While reading your post, before I got to the pic, I kept thinking she should go red! I love the color of the wig, not the bangs so much. Don't get me wrong, I like bangs just not those.

Go red, with maybe some sideswept bangs. :)

karrie said...

Wow!! The red hair is hot on you!

C. L. Fry said...

Wow!! The red hair is hot on you!

I agree :-D and I dig the bangs too, although maybe a little longer.

Augustine said...

you look pretty awesome with that wig! in my younger days i had fire engine red hair and some days i dare myself to go back to it...it would'nt be too crazy in my area!

Ilma said...

I agree with others! I think the color looks really good on you! I looooove that type of red.

Cindy said...

I like that color on you too... I think your coloring suits it. Maybe you should get a real wig- the kind that looks realistic. Then you can just ditch it when you want your blonde back, no harm done. I have SERIOUSLY considered a wig:-O because I want THICK hair, and to experiment with color.

Rhonda said...

I dig it. We all need a change every once in a while. Did I tell you that I whacked off all of my hair. Yes, all of it. :)

ImBlessed2x said...

You look incredible! I just went black (haven't seen you since I guess) but I'm going to head to Sallys beauty supply this week for some bright colors to streak. You wanna go with? ;)

And a good pro can restore your blonde no prob!

Can I buy your wig?.. a ha ha (she laughs seriously)

Amanda said...

You look like Charlize Theron!! seriously. Red looks HOT on ya, momma.

Blog Archive

There was an error in this gadget

Bloggy Bling!

Important Stuff

Business 2 Blogger

Swidget 1.0

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP