Thursday, March 22, 2007

Let it Rain

It's raining again. I know we need it, but I'm tired of it already.

(btw, I apologize for the video, I really just wanted the song - I just love Amanda Marshall)

GRRRRRRR! I am so frustrated with my statcounter right now!!! Anyone know of a better one that actually lets it's members access on a regular basis?!? help me, please!

Today I was taking Kiddo to the store and this is what I heard in the back seat. "Goin' see Happy Grammy and Phoenix at her house. Goin' see Happy Grammy and Phoenix, Phoenix at her house and watch 'Credibles on da TV. Coming soon to DVD. Coming soon to DVD."

Think he watches movies much?

One of my friends K's favorite Kiddo anecdotes is from about a month ago. Kiddo and I met her up at her work (an outlet center in town) and we went to lunch. We decided to stop in the Disney store for a minute on the way out. Now normally I wouldn't dare take Kiddo in there, unless I was darn sure I had some money to spend and was ready for a fit, no matter how much I purchased. But, I thought maybe, just maybe he would enjoy seeing all the stuff and maybe, just maybe I could get out of there with a replacement Cars flip phone (the one he got for Christmas is already dead) for about $2.99. Well, you know the end of the story - boy was I the fool! But what my friend thought was fodder for many a party tale was what Kiddo did through the entire store every time he laid eyes on a new character.

See, we have a couple of Disney movies on DVD and as you all know, there are loads of previews before the actual movie. So Kiddo walks in the store, runs up to a Cinderella display and shouts in his excited little (yet loud) 2 year old voice, "COMING SOON TO DVD!!!! COMING SOON TO DVD!!".

He did that all. through. the. store. Seriously. *sigh*


In other news - it looks like 100% of you vote for a hair color change. I picked up a box-o-red-hair at the store today. Will I go through with it? I'm not sure. I'm a big chicken when it comes to these things. I mean, what if something goes horribly wrong?!? I don't exactly have a couple hundred smackers sitting around to fix it. I guess I could wear a baseball cap for a while... What to do, what to do...

Oh, and Miss R, I expect you to email me a pic of your chopped hair, pronto!

Until,
D :)

2 comments:

Kat said...

Dawn, I tagged you for a neat meme. It's the Real mom meme - check out my blog for details

Heather said...

Welcome back to the rain, rain, rain/
We're glad the water's falling down again!/
And we'll stay warm, in the storm/
Welcome back, to the rain!


Rainy here too, and Freyja wants me to sing that song every time she imagines a raindrop hitting the roof or the pavement. Help.