Thursday, March 08, 2007

Goodbye Alice in Wonderland

One of my best friends found out yesterday she is pregnant with her 4th child.

This baby was not planned.

They were done at 2 kids.

The 3rd was a surprise.

The fourth? Well, let's just say she's not too happy.

Today is her birthday. She's 36.

Her husband is abusive.

She doesn't acknowledge it.

I. don't. know. what. to. do.

I don't know how to help, what to say, or how to act.

My heart bleeds for her. Her life has been hard.

It's only going to get worse.

I want to scoop her up and take her away, but I can't. She is trapped.

It's only going to get worse.

I pray for her daily. If she needs me, I'm there.

How do you make people see the reality? How do you convince them that they can get out and it will be ok? Is it really possible?

I love her and I hurt for her and I am broken for her.

Happy Birthday. Congratulations, and I'm sorry.

This song reminds me of her right now.


So goodbye Alice in Wonderland
Goodbye yellow brick road
There is a difference between dreaming and pretending
I did not find paradise
It was only a reflection
Of my lonely mind wanting
whats been missing in my life



Until,
D

1 comment:

OhTheJoys said...

Wow. That just sounds really hard. I'm so sorry.