Thursday, March 01, 2007

Passing Time

It always amazes me how events in one's life unfold. How little, seemingly harmless events occur that ultimately change your life forever. You meet someone one day that seems so insignificant, yet that person may actually change your life path. Your LIFE PATH. How amazing is that?!?

I started this long, drawn out post yesterday about a former employer of mine, and after writing for about an hour realized that my stories are too long winded to hold anyone's interest for long! I guess I need to think about it some more and come up with a more succinct way of telling the story. The general gist of it was that I had this job in Phoenix that I absolutely loved, but it, along with the company went sour; and according to my research the other day, I got out just in time. Even though it was one of the worst jobs I've ever had (and the worst boss) it was probably the best job in that it did more for me in the areas of self confidence and networking than anything else I've done. Because of that job I discovered a love for photography and gained confidence in working with people that I never thought I had; and because of that job I met a wonderful woman that introduced me to the owners of an amazing restaurant and that started my journey into catering and event planning.



Because of the restaurant job I was able to find an event planning job back in Texas and that was ultimately the means for us to move back to our home state. And because of that event planning job in Texas I met another wonderful woman that hired me and kept us afloat when the people I was working for fired me for getting pregnant (oh yes they did). God truly has placed people in my path at just the right time throughout my life to take care of me. My life path has taken so many turns and twists in the past 6 years, but it all really started with that one, horrible, pivotal job in Phoenix.


So I guess my worst job every was also my best job ever - even though I am ashamed that I ever worked for what turned out to be such a horrible company. In my defense, it wasn't too bad when I was there, but took a sharp turn after I left. I do still feel some guilt over the fact that I helped build the company from the beginning, but I guess that can't be changed now.


Anyway, yesterday I took Kiddo to the park again. Hmm, change the subject much? The weather has been so nice I just couldn't come up with an excuse not to go. Kiddo had a blast and really surprised me with his ability to climb up most anything and slide down the big slides without assistance. He has never done that before, so it came as quite a shock. He is growing up so fast.

A happy boy at the top of the play scape.
Here's a little artsy-fartsy shot for you.


Coming down the spiral slide - action shot!


It was a fun but seriously long day - I took us on a marathon grocery shopping trip (wahoo HEB Plus!) after and then we played with the NKs after we got home. Momma was exhausted by supper time! Kiddo too - he crashed out at 9:30 and slept till almost 9 this morning. Sweet, sweet sleep. Too bad I tossed and turned all night. *yawn*

Well, I'm off to do laundry. Does it ever end?!?

Until,

D :)

1 comment:

Julia said...

No, it never seems to end! We've been hitting the parks like we're club-hopping too. Maybe one afternoon we should get together (sans playgroup) and let our tots run around like mad people.