Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Weekend

Ok, so first I have to tell you the exciting news. Week before last I got an email from Katrina over at Callapidder Days informing me that I had won a book!!! I couldn't believe it! Turns out, it was the exact title I really, really wanted from that week's selection. I happily forwarded my address to her and than kind of forgot all about it. So on Friday I checked the mail and there was the book, Diva Nashvegas by Rachel Hauck! I was terribly excited to have a good book to read this summer, and even better it came practically to my door (so no effort involved - sweet!). But then, I opened it up and discovered that the very sweet and thoughtful Ms. Hauck actually wrote me a short note and signed it! I was giddy with excitement! Call me simple, but I just think that is the coolest thing.

Anyway, it turns out that we decided last minute to take a trip to the inlaws and I eagerly anticipated practically uninterrupted reading time in the car. How often does that happen, right? Our plans developed into a drive to the inlaws on Friday night, and then a whirlwind day trip to Hubby's grandmother's house and back on Saturday. Sunday afternoon we returned home. All totaled, the drive time came to about 14 hours. Thankfully, it was broken into 3+ hour spurts and only half of that was in our non-air conditioned car! The drive back from Hubby's Gma's house on Saturday was my prime reading time, and I managed to make it about 3/4 of the way through the book.

See, that's me tuning out the world. Oh Yeah!

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Katrina and all the publishers and authors who make her book giveaways possible. It really is such a thrill to win something like this, and it completely made my weekend!

More later,

D :)

No comments: