Thursday, May 31, 2007

Deep Water

Kiddo is all about going to the store these days. Every day he asks "Mommy, go to da store?" and is sorely disappointed if I say no. So, against my better judgement, I try to do something every day, even if it is a brief outing. Yesterday was no exception, and though I could have easily put it off, I did need to run to the bank and post office, so when asked I told him we needed to run a few quick errands but that we weren't getting out of the truck. He seemed ok with that until we started heading home, and the wailing began.


We have a little kiddie pool that my sweet neighbor gave us, and I have been meaning to pull it out, clean it up and let Kiddo take a dip. But I am lazy (and I hate cleaning) so as of yesterday it was still propped up against a tree in our back yard. As Kiddo was wailing in the back of the truck I decided then and there that we were going to swim when we got home. My promise stopped the wailing (though he was a bit confused and whined some when we drove into the driveway). I had to basically sprint from the truck to the back yard to show him our pool before he threw another tantrum (thinking I had lied to him or something). Soon enough, and with little effort on my part, the pool was being filled up on my back deck.

I remembered the first time I put Kiddo in a baby pool. He was a little less than a year old and I had purchased one of those $5 blow up pools from the local big box store. I remember setting it up in the back yard and being so freaked out by any little thing that got in the water. I screamed at the dog to get away because the water had to be perfectly clean for my darling angel (can anyone say "new Mommy"???) and I spent the entire time picking things out of the water while Kiddo splashed around. Yesterday? Well, not so much. I mean, I cleaned out the big stuff, but the water was plenty dirty before he ever stepped foot in the pool. My how things change! He loved it just as much though yesterday as he did then .OMG!!! Wasn't he a little, fat, bald CUTIE?!? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! My BABY!!!! :) :)

Ahem, anyway it was fun watching him yesterday, though I was a bit irritated that I couldn't leave him alone there for even a second and I hadn't really prepared for that. So, as usual, I occupied myself with taking pictures.



First I noticed his unusual contribution to one of the sculptures in our back yard. Strategic and skillful stacking if you ask me!


But then I focused on the little fishy in the water. He really surprised me with his bubble blowing abilities. I have pictures of him choking on the water he inhaled too, but I'll spare you (and him) the agony. Bad Mommy, bad, bad Mommy! ;)


I did get this Cutie Patootie grin though. Gawrsh he makes me smile. Anyway, the pool has this goofy little built in slide thingy, and unfortunately, nothing to hold on to and so my poor Kiddo fell out of the pool a few times. It never really bothered him, and in typical little boy fashion he would just get right back in, but the last time he slipped and landed on his face. I was waiting for him to pick himself up and he started crying a bit so I walked over and picked him up. He had his hand over his mouth and it was full of blood. My heart just stopped. I scooped him up and ran into the house with him bleeding everywhere (just like his daddy, this boy!). After a quick wipe down/clean up it was obvious he had just given himself a bloody nose, but lawsy mercy I had visions of ERs and stitches and I just don't have the nerves for that kind of thing. I was a nervous wreck for about an hour afterwards. He, of course, was totally fine and back in the pool within about 3 minutes.

And later that evening at 7PM he promptly passed out asleep. We could not get him to get up for supper and he slept until 8AM the next morning.

We should swim everyday! ;)

I was editing pictures for this post and came across this one from his first pool experience.


What grabbed me about it is how strikingly similar it is to one of my favorites from yesterday...

Awwwww!
Until,
D :)

2 comments:

my2babygirls0405 said...

LOVE the pics :) He's such a cutie pie. I always wanted a little bald baby, hehe.. no such luck!! He's adorable!

Barb said...

He is just too cute!! You are going to be beating the girls away from your front door when he gets older!!!

His smirk/smile is so adorable!!