Monday, January 28, 2008

Just So Happens

Yesterday I hit the 30 week mark. 30 weeks!!!! That means I only have about 10 weeks left!!!! Doing the math, um, about 70 days give or take. Holy smokes. There is so much left to do.


I ventured back to IKEA on Saturday with the Hubby. I so love that place! Not only did I find toy bins for a mere $1.95 each (hallelujah) but we managed to get the floor display dresser I found that matches Kiddo's current dresser for only $79! I am so excited. What makes it even better, it is exactly the same size as his current dresser (I thought it was smaller) except it doesn't have the changing table and it is on shorter legs. So, if we ever put the boys together in the same room, they will have matching dressers. And, I don't have to deal with downsizing Kiddo's drawer space. Woo Hoo!!


So, each week I get a little email from Babycenter about the progress of my growing baby and what to expect. I like them a lot, and as soon as they hit my inbox I poor through them like the baby gospel. Unfortunately, since I am now growing a Buddha, the measurements and size comparisons are a bit off. However, this week the rest of the update hit a home run. It went something like this...


Your Pregnancy: 30 Weeks

[I'm going to skip the "How Your Baby is Growing" section because a 3 pound head of cabbage was sooooo last month! lol! ]

How your life's changing:
You may be feeling a little tired these days, especially if you're having
trouble sleeping. [um, yeah]

You might also feel
clumsier than normal, which is perfectly understandable. Not only are you heavier, but the concentration of weight in your pregnant belly causes a shift in your center of gravity. Plus, thanks to hormonal changes, your ligaments are more lax, so your joints are looser, which may also contribute to your balance being a bit off. [Totally. I fell, rather splat in my tile entry the other day after slipping in some water. I am as graceful as a gazelle.]

Also, this relaxation of your ligaments can actually cause your feet to spread permanently, so you may have to invest in some new shoes in a bigger size.
[Do they make a bigger size than a Women's Tug Boat?]

Remember those mood swings you had earlier in pregnancy? The combination of uncomfortable symptoms and hormonal changes can result in a return of those emotional ups and downs. It's normal to worry about what your labor will be like or whether you'll be a good parent. But if you can't shake the blues or feel increasingly irritable or agitated, talk to your doctor or midwife. You may be among the 1 in 10 expectant women who battle depression during pregnancy. Also let your caregiver know if you're frequently nervous or anxious.
[Mood swings. Check. I know Hubby is nodding in agreement right now. Sorry Hon. ]



The rest goes on about common labor fears and all that jazz. I think I am ok with most of that stuff right now. Last time I didn't start worrying until right before I had Kiddo. By then I wasn't working and had lots of time to think about things. Hopefully I can stay busy enough this time that it doesn't worry me. Besides, I am really liking the "giving my worries to God" thing I have implemented. It really has made a difference in my daily life.


Beyond that, I think this little guy has figured out how to take my bladder in both hands and squeeze it like one of those stress relief balls. On the way to church on Sunday I thought I was going to jump out of the car on several occasions. It is the most bizarre feeling! Hubby finds my yelps and lurching humorous. mmmhmmm. Just wait Hubby, just you wait....


Until,

D :)

1 comment:

TitanKT said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Women's Tug Boat! Oh... I love that. You are so funny. Thank you for cracking me up today.

BTW, my feet grew half a size and stayed that way. I'm just shy of the Tug Boat size.