Friday, January 25, 2008

Shadow of Love

Head spinning... fingers aching.... too.... much.... diaper..... research..... can't.... take.... anymore!

Um, yeah. Cloth diapering is wonderful and I really like it and all but come on people!! There are just too many choices out there!

I have decided I am going with the Chinese prefolds and covers - most likely Thirsties. But the problem now is figuring out where to order them from. I am trying to spend the least amount possible, but at the same time I don't want to order from 10 different places either. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a good price on both the diapers and covers where I don't have to eat the savings in shipping, and if I find one, they don't have the other, or they are out of the size I need, ugh. I am tempted to buy second hand, but the thought of scouring ebay makes me tremble. I may venture back over to diaperswappers.... it just takes all the fun out of buying them when they are used.

Kiddo woke up this morning with both arms and most of his bed covered in blood. He apparently had a wicked nose bleed in the middle of the night, so I have spent the day working on getting blood stains out of clothing, sheets and the mattress pad. At least he didn't wake up - I don't think I would have reacted well to that much blood while in a half asleep state. I guess I need to put the humidifier in his room for a couple of nights and get those sinuses moisturized. Poor kid.

Kiddo has been so funny lately. I think he is really wanting to meet his little brother. Daily now he will lift up my shirt to feel the baby kick, and he will take his little play stethoscope and hold it to my belly to listen to "baby brudder". For some reason he thinks the stethoscope takes pictures, so we have to ooh and ahh over how cute he is!

Kiddo keeps telling me that the doctor needs to take the baby out. I am trying to convince him that we need to wait a little while longer. He is totally fascinated with babies right now. He has tormented my friends at play dates and also complete strangers in Chili's. When he sees pictures of babies he goes nuts. If he hears them in a store or sees a stroller or baby carrier go by he shouts "de'res a BABY!!!" "lookit dat BABY!!!". At the doctor's office yesterday he was so talkitive when the doctor was visiting with me. "es-scuse me doctor, bleeble blabble, blah, blah, blah". The doctor was highly amused! (or just really nice!)

I certainly hope he maintains this level of excitement once the baby gets here.

Until,
D ;)

2 comments:

Julia said...

S is so cute! He's going to be a great big brother.

Victoria said...

Sorry about his nosebleed!

There's a prefold co-op on one of my lists - I can order for you if you're interested? Email me or call me if you want info. But just for reference, Indian Unbleached Infant 4x8x4 - are $11.00/dz and Chinese Bleached Infant 4x6x4 - are $9.90/dz. Dunno how this compares to what you've found elsewhere?