Monday, November 09, 2009

Gratitude Monday, Week 2

Gratitude Monday

Well it's Monday again and since I started this thing I had better stick with it. Of course, this will probably post late because my head is just swimming right now with deadlines, client edits, client orders, bills, laundry and cranky children. After a few days away from home, the stuff I need to do is crashing down on me with brute force.

But there should always be time in my life for a little gratitude, right?

Today I am going to talk about someone I have never met, but who has impacted my life in a profound way.

Today I am talking about Baby Stellan and the MckMama family.

To know their blog and their story is to know
-how to use lots of tissues. You will cry when you read their story.
-true strength that comes only from the supernatural power of God
-miracles do happen
-that even the smallest of humans can invoke prayer and conversations with God all over the world
-that someone so incredibly cute and seemingly perfect can be so terribly sick, near death, and still amazingly perfect
-that God has the perfect plan for all of us, and that even as humans we can trust in His infinite wisdom and grace.

The MckMama and Stellan story is a world wide phenomenon that has reached people across the globe. It has brought people to their knees, started movements of picture taking and prayer gatherings, and touched so many lives that every time I check her blog I am blown away by the sheer magnitude of it. It is an amazing display of God reaching out to us, to spread His word, to reach the multitudes. It is a gift.

It has made me appreciate my babies even more. It has taught me to slow down, step away from the computer and appreciate the blessings I have. Because, it has taught me that you never know how long you have with someone.

Thank you MckMama for giving us all an amazing gift. For sharing your story with the world and allowing us into your lives so that we can lift you up in prayer, cry with you, cheer with you, and generally be involved in most every thing you do. You have taught me so much, and for that I am truly grateful.

Baby Stellan had an extremely risky surgery yesterday that, by all accounts so far, was completely successful at eradicating his SVT without any life long complications. Praise God for an amazing, mind blowing miracle!

Until,
D :)

If you participated in your own Gratitude Monday, leave me a comment in this post and I will come visit your blog. Thanks so much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I participated!