Wednesday, November 25, 2009


Morning came early today. Port woke me up just after 6. I should have let him fuss for a minute, but being in a foreign place (my SIL's house) I didn't want him to get freaked out when he woke up and didn't recognize his surroundings. I mindlessly went in the room he was staying in without listening first, and found him laying down to go back to sleep. Of course, that was the precise moment my ankle decided to pop, and the loud noise was enough to startle my baby back awake. Once he saw me, he was up for the day.

Aunt A took us all to breakfast this morning at this darling little hole-in-the-wall bagel & coffee shop near her house. If you are ever in that area, Iris Bagel and Coffee House is a must stop. The owners are so friendly, the service is great and the food is amazing.

We hit the road and headed for my parent's house. The kids did really well. Port slept most of the way and woke up cheerful. We made good time, hit no traffic and had no issues, except I kept trying to fall asleep (and I was driving). After a week+ of 6 hours or less of sleep a night, it was all finally catching up to me. We stopped at McDonald's so I could get something to drink and decided to get lunch while we were there. We ate in the car and not long after Kiddo alerted us that he needed to go to the bathroom.

Of course, we were in the middle of nowhere. And of course, he needed to go where he could sit down.


Thankfully, not long after we came upon a brand new road side rest stop. It was very nice, had lots of amenities and was very well kept.

Little did I know it was right outside of the town we were going to. lol! I didn't realize we were so close.

We made it to my parent's house, acquainted our dog with theirs and hung out in the back yard for a while so the boys and the dogs could play. We ate pecans right out of the yard and enjoyed the beautiful day.

Tonight we had our "Thanksgiving Dinner" at a semi-local Mexican food restaurant, Pasados. It was soooo good! That particular location has never been known for it's service, but we must have lucked out because we had a great time and the service was good. The boys enjoyed their dinner, and especially the complimentary ice cream afterward.

We got back and put the kids to bed. Kiddo woke up a little while ago coughing a lot. He was having a full on asthma attack. When he breathed, it sounded like someone was crumpling up tissue paper in his throat. After he's exhaled, this long wheeze comes out. It is slightly disturbing, especially since I have never heard something so bad, and both my husband and my best friend have asthma. It really scared me. I gave him a big dose of benadryl, and the coughing has stopped enough for him to sleep. We have decided to put him in bed with us so we can monitor him tonight.

Tomorrow, we shall hop in the car once again and head down state to southern Louisiana.

D :)

No comments:

Blog Archive

There was an error in this gadget

Bloggy Bling!

Important Stuff

Business 2 Blogger

Swidget 1.0

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP