Monday, November 23, 2009

Paint It Golden

Our Kiddo (5 yrs) is a bit of an odd kid. I am afraid he is destined for a childhood full of getting beat up a lot.

Don't get me wrong, he is an awesome kid and I love him to pieces, but he really is a bit odd in some ways.

He is very talkative (which amazes me daily considering Hubby and I are so NOT talkers) and inquisitive, and, uh...

dramatic.

So...I suppose it is only natural that Hubby and I have noticed his flair for the dramatic. And sometimes Kiddo will do things that seem a bit too feminine for our liking.

The other day I was painting my toenails a lovely shade of dark blue, and Kiddo was commenting on my "pretty toes" and how much he liked them.

On a whim, I decided to do something fun, and paint his thumbnail the same shade of blue.

I thought, given his tendencies, he would like it.

I was so wrong.

He flipped out! He seemed shocked at first; looked at it over and over with a perplexed look on his face. Then he seemed to panic a little and told me that he wanted me to take the polish off "right now!"

Apparently, according to my little drama king, painting nails is "girl stuff".

I guess he taught me a thing or two. ;-)

Until,
D :)

No comments: