Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sinking

Last night was a lot better. Port slept from 7pm until 5am and then he was basically up for the day. He didn't seem too feverish, but still a bit warm, so I gave him another dose of ibuprofen. He seemed fine this morning so we went out and ran a bunch of errands. I needed to stock up on disposable diapers (no way I am doing cloth with a baby on antibiotics. Ick!), yogurt and probiotics.

By lunch time he was pretty wiped out. He drank 1 1/2 of those drinkable yogurt things, but he wouldn't eat lunch so I put him down for a nap. He slept for about 45 minutes then woke up crying pretty hard. Usually I would just leave him in the crib to go back to sleep, but with him being sick I decided to check on him. He was burning up and holding his ear again. Poor guy. I gave him more ibuprofen, put some drops in his ears and he slept in my lap for about an hour.

He perked up for a while; he had lots of fun chasing the dog with his toy lawn mower, but then around 6:30 he cratered again. At dinner he was burning up and glassy eyed. He still won't eat. I put him to bed with a full strength bottle of formula, hoping it will make up some for the lack of food today.

{yeah, I don't want to talk about the bottles. I am picking my battles right now, and I would rather him stay hydrated than force him to drink from a sippy.}

I hope he gets some good rest tonight. It pains me to see him like this. I am worried about the fever still hanging around, but I guess his body is just fighting that infection. I was hoping that once the antibiotics were introduced, the fever would fall by the wayside. It's bad enough the poor baby is now dealing with the beginnings of diaper rash from all the pooping. I am doing my best to keep him clean and dry, but the darn poops don't smell and he's being sneaky about when he does them.

I just want my baby to feel better. All the attention I am giving him in effort to make him feel as decent as possible is starting to take it's toll. My work is suffering, the house is beyond destroyed and life in general is kind of sucking. Poor Kiddo is really suffering; acting out to get attention and doing things he never would do otherwise. I am never going to get caught up.

Until,
D

No comments: