Sunday, November 04, 2007

Marital Carnival

DOH!

The third day of NaBloPoMo and I missed posting. Ack! Sorry about that.

Well, if it is any consolation, I was out most of the day working on my marriage.

Whoa! Back up the truck! Working on your marriage?? you say?? Yes. Don't jump to any conclusions here, Hubby and I just attended a marriage conference hosted by our church. It was truly wonderful. And, though no pregnant woman should commit to sitting in any chair for for 5 hours at a stretch, I would have to say my hip pain today was totally worth it.

The conference, taught by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs and his lovely wife, Sarah, was called Love and Respect. It is a teaching based on the biblical verse, Ephesians 5:33. Husbands must love their wives and wives must respect their husbands.

The basis of the conference is the differences between men and women and in how they communicate. I know, you've heard it before, but I highly encourage you to check out the website and the clips from the conference if you have some time.

Now, after two days of this conference, Hubby and I did not leave with earth shattering, life altering information that "blew our minds". Actually, it was quite the shocker that a lot of what was said was logical facts that we already kind of knew - but it helped to reinforce some of the things we've been doing right and it emphasized some of the things that we may have found insignificant. I guess, for me, it kind of cleared the cobwebs. Anyway, I guess i need some time to marinate on it all a bit before trying to have a discussion. But suffice it to say that it was good money and time spent.

In the midst of all this, Kiddo got to have some good quality time with G&H, and even spent the night with them out at their property. When we picked him up on Saturday afternoon he was worn out and cranky. He had actually put himself down for a nap!

Today we all went to church together. It is always such a blessing to be able to worship with family. The service was great and lunch after was so nice too (despite the bee that kept invading our table!)

What a great start to November!
Until,
D :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

hope you enjoyed your seminar. sounds like it would be good.

Amy said...

btw - got your blog from jenny sticky feathers. maybe she got it from nablopomo.

Dave T. said...

Rebecca and I were at Love and Respect as well. Good stuff. I think you're right, there was nothing new or earth shattering, but the reminders are always good. God's peace--dt

Rachelle said...

Sounds like the marriage conference was wonderful. Usually the things we find the most helpful are the things we already know, we just need to be reminded of! LOL :-)