Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cold Song

Cold Song, Jewel
It's getting cold and I'm starting to sneeze,

I wipe my nose on my sleeve.
I've got the sniffles
I'd better drink my tea.
Oh do you do you wanna wanna catch a cold with me?

I'd catch a cold with you anytime,
I ain't just feverish, I ain't just lyin'
'cause when your nose is running it's a perfect time for kissing
And hugging.
Oh do you do you wanna wanna catch a cold with me?

We'll stay inside where it's nice and warm
Tell our bosses, we're caught in a sneezing storm.
We'll sniffle and snuggle and watch some more tv.
Oh do you do you wanna wanna catch a cold with me?

I'd catch a cold with you anytime,
I ain't just feverish, I ain't just lyin'
'cause when your nose is running it's a perfect time for kissing
And hugging.
Oh do you do you wanna wanna catch a cold with me?

Do you do you wanna wanna wanna wanna do you do you wanna
Do me yes indeed,
Oh do you do you wanna wanna catch/have a cold with me?

A plague has come over my house. Both of my boys (well, if I am honest here, all 3 of my boys) have seriously runny noses. It started last night, and as I sit here this morning holding the baby so he'll sleep, I am looking at his sweet rosy cheeks and cherub like face.

And it is taking every fiber of my being working overtime to keep me from grabbing a tissue and wiping his snot laden nose.

It would wake him and he would be oh so mad.

*arrrrgggggghh this is killing me! must. not. wipe. nose!!"

**~***~**~***~**~***~**~***~**

I think I am so tired from not sleeping theses past few weeks that I am no longer tuned in to my children at night. Normally I hear everything; every sigh, every movement, coughs, whimpers, everything. But last night I woke up to the sound of my Kiddo crying and Hubby rattling around in our guest bathroom. Kiddo had wet the bed (whoops! I guess he forgot to go right before bed time) and I am guessing he had been crying for quite a while before Hubby got up. It was even longer before I realized what was going on and got up to help. There's nothing like peeling off pee soaked jammies at 4AM. *sigh*

Thankfully Port slept through it all, and unfortunately he had taken over my side of the bed by the time I got back. I had to slither in on about 3 inches of space and hang on for dear life while I tried to get back to sleep. Eventually I managed to move him over a bit, but by then it was too late and I couldn't get back to a nice, restful sleep.

Oh well.

Until,
D :)

No comments: