Thursday, November 27, 2008

Enough

Sleep Training Day 5:

Another good night. I swear I need to wear ear plugs though. About 75% of the time when I got up it was for no reason. Every little squeak he makes sends me shooting out of bed.

But at least I got to sleep on more than a couple inches of bed.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful day filled with food, family and fun (or football, or whatever else you normally do). We had a very laid back day; Hubby wasn't feeling well so he was for the first time in his life like a typical male on Thanksgiving and he took a nap on the couch. I worked some, wiped some dirty booties, wiped lots of snotty noses (including my own), baked an apple pie and made a very yummy dinner.

We couldn't afford the traditional fare, so we opted for stuffed chicken and asparagus instead.
Thanksgiving turkey: $15-30 depending on size
All the extras: major $$$
~or~
Chicken (about 1/2 bag frozen boneless thighs) $3.50
Cream Cheese (1/2 block) $.50
Spinach $.69
Cheeses, crackers for breading and 1 egg ~ $1.00
Asparagus $3.00

So, around $8 for dinner with maybe another $3-4 for the dessert ingredients vs. $30+ just for a turkey - not bad if you ask me. It was really yummy; even the boys liked it. Port ate it all like a seasoned pro.

If only we had someone to share it with. Oh well, I guess there is always next year.

Some things I am thankful for this year:
  • my wonderful Hubby and beautiful boys, Kiddo and Port
  • the fact that Hubby still has his job in a time when so many have lost theirs
  • we are all relatively healthy
  • we have enough

Until,
D :)

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

No comments: