Friday, November 14, 2008

Come On Over



Hello my Company Girls!

I don't normally do Company Girl Coffee - because well, I tend to forget these things until way past Friday, but today I happened to have a blog post ready so I thought I would tie it into our little get together.

Have a seat. I made pumpkin bread. mmmmm! There is always coffee here too. Do you like dark roast? I have some that has a hint of chocolate and cinnamon. I also have peppermint mocha or cinnamon vanilla creamer if you like.

So here is my thing today; I have no idea how to interpret the mind of a 4 year old sometimes.

What did I do???

Conversation between Kiddo and I this morning: He had been running around all morning with a baby blanket tied cape-style around his neck. He ran, he jumped, he fought and defended dinosaurs while wearing his "dinosaur black boots" (?? I don't know) and while I was in the shower his cape came undone. I offered to retie it for him, but he didn't want it to get wet so he declined. When I got out of the shower he came into the room and the following conversation took place.

Kiddo: very matter-of-fact "I'm not a superhero anymore"
Me: "You're not?"
Kiddo: "No, I not a superhero"
Me: I bent down, took his face in my hands and planted a big kiss on his nose "Well, welcome back my beautiful, normal boy"
Kiddo: turns, clenches his fists and starts to walk out "grrrrrr!!!!!"
Me: "What's wrong?"
Kiddo: walking out of the bath room, "I so ANGRY!! I going to my ROOM!!!"

????????????

Seriously, what did I do?

I will never understand the 4 year old mentality.

Thanks so much for stopping by. See you next week!

Until,
D :)

9 comments:

Rachel Anne said...

Ha! Love that "No I not!"

Somewhere in there has GOT to be a clue to men in general. They all wanna be superheroes but get angry when their capes come off?? :)

I love your story. And thanks for the coffee, love the your favored offerings! So fancy.

Carol said...

Hmmmm...maybe boys (and men) don't want to be normal...maybe they want the women in their life to always THINK they are superheros even if their cape falls off?

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

I read in a James Dobson book that a child (in womb) loses a portion of the brain stem at some stage of pregnancy (1st Trimester). AND - it is at this point that the male sexual organs begin developing. YES! You google this and see if I'm right -- yes, and tell me if I'm wrong because I am conducting my life as a mother to one SON and one daughter as if the male child is INDEED Brain Dead.

Thank you for sharing.
(This is my first visit to your blog - and I usually don't just "jump in" could not help myself!
:-)
Kindest Thoughts,
~esthermay

Mollie said...

I used to get mad when my mom thought I was normal too ;)

Forgetfulone said...

I have no idea what goes on in the minds of any of my kids! My "babies" are 12 now. If you figure it out, please share! LOL Nice to meet another company girl.

Anonymous said...

This story was priceless. You have to make sure to keep this one for the record books. This is a story you want passed down for generations

Thanks for the pumpkin bread. It is my FAVORITE!

samantha said...

That is a really cute story. I love pumpkin bread.

Unknown said...

Wow, there is a lot of...analysis going on in this comment thread.

All I have to say is, don't expect your four year old boys to make sense to you. :D.

Lovely story, looking forward to reading more. I'll be back :)

Ridenour Family said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with these questions! He seems like such a fun kid!