Saturday, November 08, 2008

Everything Breaks

Long day today. I had to get up early for a photo shoot - it was interesting because I had to get up around the time Port is usually waking officially for a diaper change and a fresh bottle of milk. Normally I can get him back to sleep if I lie still enough in the bed with him and he will sleep until 8 or 9. But this morning I had to get up and get ready to go, leaving Port in the care of Hubby.

As usual Port was not happy with Daddy duty. He was a bit of a mess when I left, and to make matters worse, Kiddo had a melt down when I left too.

I was very nervous to come back home over 3 hours later - but thankfully Hubby says it wasn't that bad. Normally I walk in to Hubby at the end of his rope and a screaming or hoarse-from-screaming Port about to lose his mind. Thankfully it didn't happen that way today.

My session was great - I have worked with them twice in the past and I really enjoy hanging out with their family. I waaaaay over shot the session, but with 3 young girls and mom and dad all trying to sit still and look pleasant for the camera - well, let's just say it takes a few more tries than normal. So I have a lot of work ahead of me in post processing. Hopefully I won't have to do much head swapping and can get it done relatively quickly.

When I got home, Hubby took Kiddo over to a fellow Torch member's house for a get together they do where everyone congregates at one home and they work on their bikes. Hubby wanted to take the van out because I had mentioned to him the battery light came on Friday when I was running an errand. Sure enough, he had voltage issues on the way there and made it home later just as the battery died for good. The alternator is gone.

*sigh* There goes another $200 bucks and an afternoon of Hubby working on a vehicle.

Until,
D :)

3 comments:

Scriber's Web said...

Sounds like a very busy day. Professional photography sounds like so much fun!

Jennifer said...

I would love to have you take my family pics! Bummer I'm so far away. And real bummer about your car!!

samantha said...

Yeah, that is a real bummer about your car. I love the picture you have posted. That sounds like a REAL busy day.